5.0 out of 5 stars Suz
Published 16 months ago by Book-Shelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy not to my taste
I love Milly's style of writing, but wasn't particularly keen on this particular story - having said that, it hasn't put me off looking forward to her next book! This was very well written and I enjoyed it, apart from the rather far-fetched bits. Hoping the next one is more realistic.
Published 15 months ago by Wellie

5.0 out of 5 stars Suz, 31 July 2013
This review is from: It's Raining Men: Every cloud has a silver lining... (Paperback)
Every time I pick up one of Milly's books, I am hooked by the end of the first page. The discriptions of the people and places are second to none, the story is heartfelt and warming and you feel as if your living in between the pages rather than reading them. Never have I felt a staleness or sameness, rushed writing or lack of story. Each and every book is new, fresh and exciting, bringing new feelings to the reader with every page. This book is no exception with the story of a small town no one really knows about and is like no other. The story opens twists and turns so the reader is kept on the cliff edge, as many of the characters, which it has to be said are some of the nest characters I have encountered. This is one book I will be visiting again and again and will probably be passed down in my family...if friends dont nick it first.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to live in Ren Dullem., 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am getting over a bug, so it was the perfect bedtime reading. I cared about the characters (the nice ones anyway) and loved all the intertwining of real life and fantasy - it must have been hard work to make it believable, which it was. Also loved the humour - the part when Gene randomly makes a pencil mark on the wall under Lara's arm made me chuckle - you'll have to read the book to find out why. I love a story with a happy ending - sometimes I've read books set in a dystopia because I've felt I should and felt depressed after reading them. I'd rather read about an utopia like Ren Dullem. The message that, if you follow your heart, you can't go too far wrong is right up my street. I could go on, but I think I'm rambling. Buy the book - it will cheer you up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
Read this over a weekend just after it had been released. It totally did not disappoint me which is what i have come to expect from a Milly Johnson book.

The brilliant characters, story, humour everything is there. The storyline was slightly different to some of Milly's other books and i had to go with the flow and allow myself to believe in the subplot.

I was devastated when i'd finished the book as i enjoyed it so much!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every single page of it!, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
If you need an escape, this book is for you. My favourite book of 2014 by a mile. Loved every single page of it and didn't want it to end :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspend disbelief and enjoy!, 1 Mar 2014
I'm a great fan of Milly's books, I find them great light reading and yet they have so much more to them than just a storyline. I can see what some reviewers mean about the fantasy element in this one, it's a bit of a departure from her usual style, and yet I loved it! I guess Ren Dullem is based loosely on Robin Hood's Bay and could just imagine the lagoon and the heart shaped harbour, making it a bit of a magical place. I found the main characters to be quite individual but I was a bit irritated that two of them chose such awful men at the start, and Clare who had a nice one let him go! But I read it while on holiday and was very happy to be caught up in this slightly surreal world, and I loved the character of Raine and what she meant to the village. Different, but for me, a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
Fab read!! Felt gutted when it ended, definitely going to read more from Milly Johnson! Very well written and a unique story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic from start to finish, 25 Jun 2014
Another fantastic read by Milly Johnson. As per usual, I couldnt put it down once I started it......the story of Lara, May and Clare get you hooked right from the start. They might be friends with busy lives, but when you get to the bottom of things, they are more alike than even they think. They turn what cpuld have been a disaster into something that ultimately changes their futures.

Chick lit with that sprinkle of magic. Would love a follow up or even abit more about what happened from chapters 99 to the end (not spoliing for those who havent read it yet....trust me you dont want to.)

Will not disapoint.

2.0 out of 5 stars :(, 14 May 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
Sorry to say this one wasn't for me. Loved the others however and would read this author again but this one a bit far fetched for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 14 May 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
Great read, could not put it down in the end! Luckily it was a holiday read so didn't matter what time I went to bed !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, as always, 7 April 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
I very much enjoyed this story. Milly Johnson never fails to write UN putdownable stories. Even if sometimes the endings are easy to guess.

It's Raining Men: Every cloud has a silver lining...
It's Raining Men: Every cloud has a silver lining... by Milly Johnson (Paperback - 1 Aug 2013)