5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down!...
Published 13 months ago by Natalie

3.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect!
I chose 3 stars because I thought the story was going to be better than it was and because it's not a very long book. Was quite shocked when it downloaded to my Kindle and I read it really quickly. I've read nearly every crime book Lynda la Plante has wrote especially the Anna Travis series and I have to say that I prefer Anna to Jane. It's still along the same lines as...
Published 3 months ago by Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down!..., 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
I have recently bought the DVD box set of Prime Suspect staring Helen Mirren and loved it, so I thought I might try the book version. I was not dissapointed!!! It was just as good as the series and took me less that a day to read as it was so fantastic. The book follows the original series of Prime Suspect very closly, even down to the dialogue, but gives a few more details of the case, and character background info (Especially characters like Otley and Shefford). There is also more of Janes homelife.
The plot is easy to follow and full of twists and turns. I would definatly recomend this to fans of crime fiction.

I cant wait to start book 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love Lynda La Plante books. All her books are gripping from beginning to end and this is no exception. Cant wait for the next part 2 to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect is PRIME, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book. thorougly recommend to all Lynda La Plante's fans. Will not disappoint. Eagerly awaiting Prime Suspect 2. due to be released in March on kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Even though I knew the story from watching the TV show, I still found the book gripping and exciting. I was familiar with the characters, however they are more in depth. Very enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was the best of her books, the plot was great and the police work easily her best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Story, 22 Feb 2014
S. Clarkson "Book Worm" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Very realistic tale, felt like one of the team looking for clues. Had to finish the book could not leave it for a moment. I gave it four stars because some descriptions were too graphic and realistic for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite one of the boys, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed the TV production (1991), starring Helen Mirren, of Lynda LaPlante’s ‘Prime Suspect 1’. Consequently, for me, this book is peopled by those actors, not a bad thing in this case.
Jane Tennison is displayed almost from her entrance as an vulnerable person covering up by driving herself to the limit and beyond in her job. She really has no friends – with the doubtful exception of Maureen Havers – and realises that, as a woman, she is being side-lined. So, perhaps like Margaret Thatcher, she out-does many men in her ruthless drive, like rushing to take over when a colleague drops dead; again like the late Prime Minister, on occasion the mask slips (in this case, her sympathy for the ‘toms’ and her attempts to approach the little son of Peter). Men act out the same sort of pantomime – Jane’s lover, Peter, covers up his fears of bankruptcy, co-exists with a woman so totally focused on her job as to be useless to him, and is tortured by doubts and regret regarding his broken marriage (torn between blaming himself and his ‘treacherous’ best friend. Sergeant Otley is so obsessed with his ‘guvner’ DCI Shefford that he obstructs police work to protect him, even after the DCI’s death. Superintendent Kernan sits on the fence, trying to be fair despite inner prejudices, but often holding cards so closely to his chest as to bewilder his subordinates. On the other side,George Marlow dodges facing reality by lying to the whole world, including himself.
The world displayed in this book is a grim one in which all women appear to be lumped together in a box labelled ‘Available For……..’ (fill in as required); in which police investigations are twisted to win a bet or driven to hound a suspect because….. (fill in according to the EVIDENCE); where families and the wider society appear often as discrete islands separated by silent antagonism. Not a nice world which makes the likes of DCI Tennison so necessary (like ‘Dirty Harry’ in San Francisco);not quite Dystopia but heading that way.
The style is crisp, the dialogue good and the characterisation by no means stereotyped. An excellent read. I read this book in an anthology of three Prime Suspect cases and it makes me want to read the other two (whose TV versions I didn’t enjoy as much!). One odd feature occurs in my copy: on pages 35 and 98 the word ‘delay’ appears as ‘Dellay’ – the reverse of the normal Word-Checker error and perhaps due to the name of one victim, ‘Della’. Does this error occur in other editions?

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this down but there again I feel the same way about everything she writes. Will carry on looking for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars prime suspect, full of suspense., 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
loved the tv series with Helen Mirren, this is a book and triology not to be missed, keeps you hanging onto every page, and you get to understand the characters and know them well...

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holiday read, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Prime Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Although it is some time since this was published and I had read it in hard copy I decided to purchase the kindle version to take on holiday. It had lost none of its appeal second time around and I was not disappointed

ARRAY(0xa6a55fcc)

Prime Suspect
Prime Suspect by Lynda La Plante (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)
3.50