5.0 out of 5 stars What it's really like to be a Stoke fan
The author begins his journey at the iconic moment when Stan Matthews returns to Stoke City in 1961, takes us through the glory days and the bad days... bringing us through to the present Premier League days. The world has changed a lot, and so has supporting Stoke. Not your usual footballing book. Something much more.
Published 21 months ago by valedied

Published 20 months ago by D. Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars What it's really like to be a Stoke fan, 15 Mar 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: 50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011 (Paperback)
delivered very quickly, well packed, a good read to anyone that follows Stoke City, interested to read through the years from the last 50 years or more

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stokie, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: 50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011 (Paperback)
Perfect present for my Stoke mad brother-in-law.It mace a very unusual gift. He was very pleased to receive it for Christmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read about the greatest football club ever, but worth a tenner?, 23 April 2013
D. Reynolds (Worcester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011 (Paperback)
I read this in four nights - things are that exciting at the age of nearly 50 -and I'm a slow reader! It was a concise last-50 year history of our wonderful club with some interesting notes of other noteworthy events happening at the time. However, there wasn't much in it that was new to me and there were one or two glaring errors, not least on page 49 when it mentions Peter Shilton leaving us after our relegation to Division 2 "to return to the top flight with Derby". Erm, didn't Shilton win League titles, European Cups etc with Clough's Nottm Forest for several seasons after leaving us?
It's an easy read, but I'm not sure it warrants a full price of £9.99 and Amazon were only offering a reduction of £1. Simon Lowe's "Delilah Roars Again" is a much more comprehensive read and archive of every game since 1984 (admittedly not going back as far as Mike Jolley's 1961), it's a hardback, and currently available on at least one well known retailer's website for a little over a tenner.

50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011
50 Seasons a Stokie: 1961 to 2011 by Mike Jolley (Paperback - 11 Oct 2011)