5.0 out of 5 stars Heart stopping
Published on 3 Jan. 2013 by Saraahjaane

1.0 out of 5 stars Clichéd and predictable
Published 16 months ago by Campy

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart stopping, 3 Jan. 2013
I read this book in a couple of hours and needless to say I didn't put it down. It was romantic, sweet and fluffy with a hard hitting story line of abuse within the family. The protectiveness of Jake and Liam had my heart thumping in my chest -it was amazing. The story progressed steadily but never got boring and I found all the characters and relationships relatable. You could really invest in it. It was also very cheap in price which was a pleasant surprise, especially considering the length (which is pretty long). Please buy! You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Brilliant, 26 Aug. 2012
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I wasn't expecting this book to be as superb as it was, mainly as I am in my mid 30's and the central characters are high school age but I struggled to put the book down after the first chapter.

The story is intense yet humorous in the right places, heart-breaking but heart-warming and it is easy to develop feeling for the characters. I wouldn't hesitate to read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigh...., 14 Aug. 2012
This reminds me of why I love to read romance. It brings it all back to the basics. Pure, innocent and simple love.
Fantastic, refreshing love story which left me feeling very very happy, in a way that I haven't felt for a love story for a long time. I didn't realize how jaded I had become when reading a romance novel. There was nothing tedious or repetitive in this book for me.

Liam!
Oh! Liam! *hand clutching over my heart*
I adore him, love him, want to be-spell him and make him mine, forever. Seriously though, every girl should have a Liam in her life, god-like in looks, sexy hockey player and man-whore- lol who would do just about anything for the girl he loves.
All the girls want him, and I mean ALL the girls. But nobody knows that for the last 8 years he sleeps with Amber, in her bed, every single night. During the day he torments and teases her and at night he cherishes Amber and protects her from her very real nightmares.
Amber has physically survived the long years of abuse by her father(disgusting,detestable dog). But he still haunts her and the experience has affected her emotionally.
Liam is her safe place, even though she doesn't know it yet.
Jake is Amber's older brother, Liam's best friend and the second hottest guy in school, gorgeous, hockey player and man-whore. He is Amber's fiercest protector and has been since she was 5 years old. He is instantly lovable and my heart broke for Jake in the years of abuse that he endured at the hands of his father.

The story is told mostly from Amber's point of view and then we hear from Liam too! Did I mention how much I adore this boy?
It is perfectly finished off with an amazing epilogue.

4.5 Stars as I have to admit, the author put in a few really cheesy cliched lines that had me rolling my eyes a couple of times. There are a few irritating typo's too, which always spoils the flow of a book for me.
That said I enjoyed this read very much and would absolutely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ADORE this book!!, 11 Oct. 2012
I've read this book about 5 times now and it still captures me. Love this book. It has to be in my top 3!! Think the story is so sweet and it makes me wish i had an older brother with a 'hot ass' friend. Anyone who doesnt mind getting lost in a story and not over thinking about it then i would recommend this fantasic book!!!(:
its not to everyones tastes as they overthought about it, as i did on my first read and it became confusing but on my second read i got lost in the love story.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clichéd and predictable, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window (Paperback)
Although I love the young adult romance genre, I feel like it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a book that stands out amongst what seems like an unending sea of cliched plots and stereotypical, "perfectly imperfect" characters. The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window had the potential to be a book with a difference but unfortunately ended up being predictable with a host of unlikeable and unrelatable characters.

The protagonist's only flaw seemed to be that she was unaware of her own perfection, whilst everyone else in the novel was aware of her subtle sexual magnetism and charisma. I feel like every author writing a young adult novel needs to attend a class where the teacher just repeatedly tells them that it is not acceptable (or original) to make insecurity the ONLY noticeable flaw in a character. It's annoying and it's been done so many times before, it's boring.

The only redeeming factor of this book, in my opinion, was the fact that the author's writing style itself was pretty good - it's just a shame that the story and characters she was writing about left me feeling unimpressed and a little nauseated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very much a book for Young adults., 22 Jan. 2013
After reading the rave reviews, and being advised that it was suitable for older adults I decided to give this book a go. Sorry but in my opinion this is purely a teen romance, very immature and annoying.
**SPOILER**
What mother would leave her two teenage kids alone in a house and allow house parties with lots of alcohol, sex and who knows what else.
What mother would leave her abused 16 year old daughter alone at all!!
Immature teenage sex is not something I wish to read about.
Did not finish the book and have no intention of trying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not great, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window (Paperback)
I normally like this type of book and I've heard good things about it but was disappointed. The writing wasn't great, it did get better throughout the book but still not perfect. The biggest criticism I have is of the characters as they just weren't that believable. Amber and Jake have an abusive father but neither of them deal with this, they just hide their feelings and hope it goes away. Having an abusive father would have a big impact on your life and it just didn't seem to in this book. Also, some of the lines made me laugh when they shouldn't have, one example is that Amber and Liam wait a week before taking their relationship further (which isn't exactly believable when she was abused when she was younger)and she talks about how great it was that he waited and how hard it must have been for him. I loved the idea of this book but it just wasn't that beliveable for me. I hate leaving negative comments but feel that readers need a better idea of what they are buying as all the five star reviews are misleading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm..., 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window (Paperback)
First of all, I really want to exaggerate how much I loved the storyline of this book. The characters are so real and alive because the author goes deep into their individual stories and personalities. And the ending was so intense and AMAZING. The author is really good at portraying sensitive issues as well, which I praise her for.
HOWEVER, has this book not been edited at all?!?! Full stops are missing everywhere, there are constant spelling mistakes and the grammar needs some serious improvement. Obviously, this does not affect the book too much as a whole, but it is quite distracting when reading it.
But overall, I would reccomend this book :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a teen but really enjoyed this!, 27 Nov. 2012
I know that this book is aimed at teens but I still enjoyed it, I thought that it was really nicely written and was a lovely love story. I couldn't put it down!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good storyline but poor editing, 11 Nov. 2012
I thought this book had a good storyline but the editing of the book was terrible. There were so many spelling errors and mistakes that it made the book hard to read. I nearly put it down but persevered until the end.

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley (Paperback - 9 April 2012)