5.0 out of 5 stars Shows you a different approach to your periods
If you've never really taken much notice of your periods before (other than just checking the dates and possibly dreading them) then I would recommend reading this book.

Published on 12 May 2012 by ClC

1.0 out of 5 stars Mentions of occult
I began this book and found it a little basic, light on any real wisdom and simply incorrect and very limited at some points but stuck with it until there was mention of tarot cards which, as a Christian, completely put me off. Disappointing and would not recommend
Published 3 months ago by Beach babe

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows you a different approach to your periods, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Moon Time: A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle (Paperback)

This book takes a more spiritual look at your monthly cycle and shows you how important it is and how it should be viewed in a more positive way. Sound a bit hippy/ new age? Don't worry, some sections are but most sections are fairly mainstream and I think approachable for all women regardless of age/beliefs/lifestyle

Some great information on a girl's first period and how it should be celebrated - if you have a young daughter approaching her teens this book could give you some good ideas on how to make that first period less daunting and something to be celebrated.

Overall an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting back in touch with our rhythms, 25 May 2012
Lucy's book is a warm and friendly invitation to look at our womanly rhythms and make friends with all the different phases we go through in the context of our monthly cycle and equally, at the various different stages of our womanhood. By embarking on a journey of greater understanding of ourselves, of how we think and behave at different times of the month or the different ages of womanhood, we are able to nurture ourselves and each other more appropriately. This book will not eliminate cramps or crabbiness, or other period related problems, but it will help us to think more closely about how we can jiggle our commitments around so we can plan for quiet, nurturing, introspective time and outgoing, busy periods to coincide with our monthly clock. How hard we work to make that possible is up to us. Like all great teachers, she simply shows a path, which the reader can take as far as they want.... and by reminding us of our connection to the moon, to ancient rhythms, we can find a more peaceful way of embracing our many different phases, not just at 'Moon Time'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!!!, 24 Nov 2013
I bought this book then put it on the shelf and admittedly forgot about it, in the last week or so I have been looking to make a more spiritual connection with myself in the hopes of feeling better & start a family now I'm married....and last night I remembered Moon Time was on my book shelf. I have already read half the book and it's fantastic, I can't wait to start the projects in it and I absolutely LOVE it!!! As you read the book you find lots of wisdom and help within the pages, I can't recommend this book enough!! If you want a book to help you understand your moon time, and your looking for tips on how to help yourself through PMT then you HAVE to read this book, it's packed full of help and wonderful links which have some great products!! All I can say is happy reading!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed book for women to connect or re-connect with themselves, 7 Jun 2013
I have been looking for a book like this for some time. I used to have a strong intuition and connection with my cycle but have lost it over the years. This book helps you get back into that space of knowing yourself through your cycle. The main benefits I found are that I am a lot more aware of my bodily vibes throughout the month- energy levels and needs. I know what week I need to rest and what week I am most energetic. This book helps you plan your month around your energy levels. I would highly recommend it if you are looking to re-connect with yourself, reduce PMT naturally, change your relationship with your period and looking to view your period in a more natural way as opposed to the hidden-away-secret we are often raised with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timely support, 12 Jan 2014
There's something in this book for every woman at whatever stage in her life she's at to share and appreciate.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every woman, 19 Jun 2012
This book came to me like a gift from heaven and it opened my eyes... I have always thought about menstruation as a heavy weight, a curse on women, but after reading this book I learnt something new about myself and felt in peace with my body. Now i cherish my body and the changes it experiences in every moon cycle, I am more aware of the physical and emotional changes in me and therefore i can organize my life and make the best of it. I truly recommend this book to women, and why not, to men who would like to understand the changes of the female body in a more holistic way. Thank you Lucy for sharing this knowledge with us <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wisdom for women, 19 Mar 2012
I received this book four days ago, most appropriately on the first day of my cycle, and read it cover to cover. It's a wonderful, open-hearted book, that fills in the gaps about being a woman, and has already helped me to make sense of what's going on in my body and mind throughout the month. It deserves to be widely read, and it's wisdom to become accepted as common knowledge for all women of the future. The power for us of just knowing ourselves is immense and wonderful. It is the start of a paradigm shift in the place of women in our western culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring. Reconnecting to the natural rhythms around us.., 7 Mar 2012
I devoured this book in one sitting...

A beautiful guide for women of all ages to re-connect with their natural rhythm and cycles with nature.. Taking you on a journey through your own experiences- putting words to things that you've felt and experienced without paying much attention.. suddenly seeing how specifically perfectly aware your body is, and why you feel the way you do- based on where you are in your cycle.

Immediately opening your heart to connecting with the womyn before you, missing out on our red tents- and yet.. feeling connected to our mothers, aunts, sisters around us.

A little blue book.. red tent all in one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 26 Nov 2013
This is a wonderful book, a must have guide. It introduces the concept perfectly but guides through many practical ways to celebrating menstruation.
I have seen a couple of rather more intimidating books on this subject but Lucy addresses it all in a down to earth, gracious way.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must-read for women, 5 Mar 2013
I read Moon Time by Lucy H. Pearce thinking that I knew all there was to know about menstruation. It turned out I was wrong. Knowing the facts isn't enough. Moon Time gave me a level of peace about my body and menstrual cycle that I have never experienced before. It is a practical manual that has helped me to examine certain aspects of my life and re-arrange things so that I can benefit from the times I am full of energy and be prepared for the times that I'm not. I highly recommend this, it is an excellent read.

Moon Time: A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle
Moon Time: A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle by Lucy H Pearce (Paperback - 11 Feb 2012)
9.04