4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional
Published 22 months ago by Laura W

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
It was a good read but I just thought it was a bit boring at times but written good and did enjoy part of the book
Published 5 months ago by Nicola obrien

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 16 Jun 2012
Laura W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
The book is told in the first person by Lucas. Age 17, Lucas is driving home one night with his girlfiend, his best friend and his best friend's girlfriend when a sudden rain storm causes him to crash the car. He is the only survivor. The book spans a year from the accident. After 3 months of feeling nothing but guilt, Lucas has to return to high school. On his first day back, he meets Sawyer (a new student) who is kind to him when others are giving him the cold shoulder or treating him badly.
His friendship with Sawyer is all he has as he tries to come to terms with what has happened. He dreams constantly about his dead friends. In fact, he wants to dream about them as it makes him feel closer to them.
This book is sad and very emotional. I found myself shedding a few tears more than once.
Sawyer is Lucas' 'angel' yet it is obvious she has been through something herself, but it takes a while for us to find out what. Although Lucas develops feelings for Sawyer, he constantly feels guilty on his dead girlfriend.
I have heard of accidents like this with a lone survivor and I have thought at the time how must that person feel? This book deals with the aftermath and the guilt that Lucas feels. Although his dead friends appear to him in his dreams, they are urging him to go on with life as are those around him. This book follows his struggles with learning to move on.
I would say this is a Young Adult book (although it does contain some sex scenes) as it revolves around High School and most of the characters are age 17. S C Stephens is a great storyteller and as I have said on other reviews of hers, I don't normally go for books told in the first person but she has swayed me with the last three books of hers I have read although 'Thoughtless' still remains my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars WISH I COULD GIVE IT MORE STARS!!!, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Collision Course (Paperback)
I read this book sometime ago and have only just got around to reviewing it. FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC book with everything in it you could possibly want. A good story that has you captivated from the start and leaves you drained at the end. So well written and as usual S.C. Stephens does not disappoint. The characters are so real they virtually fly of the page (or Kindle) at you and I didn't want to put it down. I have previously read the 3 part Thoughtless, Effortless and Reckless books and they were also fantastic and this stand alone book is such a good read too. I just wish this author would hurry up and write some more books like these as I do not like supernatural books which seems to be on offer at the moment by this author which is a shame for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
brilliant read cried and cried throughout it story line was really touching and true if u have lost some one

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
What a beautiful book ,many a tear fell while reading it I wish I could give it more stars beautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant read, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
fantastic heart breaking read. loved this story. s c Stephens does it again. just gutted this is a stand alone as I'd live to catch up on Lucas and Sawyer. brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
This book deserves no less than 5 stars it is beautifully written. I've read this book multiple times and it always hits be emotionally a tear is always shed the story of Luke and Sawyer is just beautiful and I believe this would make for a very powerful movie, this needs to be made! For all you people who didn't like this and used words like 'too long' and 'tedious' clearly don't know an amazing story when it hits them in the face!

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
I normally steer well clear on stories that involve grief and loss because i have thanatophobia. i dont fear dying personally but when i think about losing the ones i love its too much to bare. when i looked at the book description my 1st thought was to come off it and steer clear of the author. i can only say after reading it i should never judge something straight away. i want to thank the author because even though it was a story it made me face a lot of own denials. ive booked a counselling session and i owe it to his writing which has touched my heart in a way id never imagined. i thoroughly reccomend this story its an emotional rollercoaster that depicts loss and sadness but also love and hope.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
I'm writing this review with tears still streaming down my face. This is a heart breaking, heart warming story. It is definitely worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous heart wrenching story, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Collision Course (Kindle Edition)
I've just re read this wonderful story. I'd forgotten how good it is. Lucas has been in a terrible accident that everyone blames him for -or so he thinks. He connects with Sawyer, a new girl at school. They both face the year together, she is a good friend to him as he struggles with life.
This is beautifully written with the characters so well drawn. It's very sad too and deals with death, drugs, drink, teenage angst, redemption, hope and love.
Fabulous. It did however make me cry.

ARRAY(0xa9f9b5dc)

Collision Course
Collision Course by S.C. Stephens (Paperback - 11 April 2012)
5.50