5.0 out of 5 stars The Correction
Published 16 months ago by Jon Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars Great plot but let down by some of the writing and sub plots
I loved the basic premise, the main characters and the extreme view which reminded me of a spin on 1984 etc. but one that fights back.
A lot of the ills portrayed in the books are only a small steps from our current position in the UK

Published 12 months ago by J. Bray

5.0 out of 5 stars The Correction, 6 Oct. 2013
This book should be made compulsory reading for all politicians and bureaucrats. A lot that is written about people's thoughts and views are very close to the thoughts and views of everyday Britons today. Elected by the people for the people has already turned into we the Elite for the Elite. Represent the people who elected them Into office has turned into represent what they want and their party instead of working together for the benefit of the electorate. The degeneration of our society has already begun and this book extrapolated on the path we are currently on with the political system we are stuck with at present

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth will hurt, 21 July 2013
Just finished book 2, what a revelation, am I the only one who has left our sceptered isle to live in Spain because of what the author has pointed out in his storyline, namely a corrupt government, or is this THE BOOK he writes about in the story? downloaded from Amazon (i.e the matrix as an example, what,s real, and what,s not )is this the warning, and how we as a nation can deal with it, I sincerely hope so, everybody should read this, and I mean everybody, it really brings it home to you how the great BRITISH PUBLIC have been hoodwinked all these years by successive governments, recession after recession, getting poorer and poorer, yes it has already happened, the best nation on earth as far as I,m concerned are for the most part, LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER and the rich so called upper ruling classes know it, they will never be poor as long the nation continues this way, revolution is what is needed. Having said all that I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading book 3 which I have on Kindle, if it is just fiction, good read, if it is THE BOOK, I,ll be back on the next plane!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It Really Could Happen Here, 6 Mar. 2012
This had the same emotional impact on me as its predecessor, Triple Ignition. As with that book, there's lots of excellent, realistic sounding dialogue and it's full of music and jokes -a thwarted enemy is described as `spending more time with his ancestors'.
It takes the people we know from Triple Ignition into a British revolution. It doesn't jump straight in though, but starts with an engaging and sometimes sad historical perspective, which shows that the British have always chosen to fight in a particular way, and then has the revolution in 2016 carrying that tradition forward.
Then it introduces a little girl whose fate kept me biting my fingernails with worry.
Most of it is set in London, and has a very strong sense of place, although if you don't know that city, you'll need a google map. And it shows the revolution from the opposing sides, which to me made it more believable.
Unlike the previous book, this one brings all the romances to nice conclusions. Which is worrying because the trailer to the next book has nuclear bombs falling on London and Israel. So what happens to our families? The introduction says I'll have to wait until this summer to find out.
As with the first book, it has lots of music and the YouTube playlist on the book's website helps capture the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars A subversive book, 2 April 2012
This review is from: The Correction (The Western Awakening Trilogy, Book 2) (Paperback)
Just as thought provoking as the first book in the series. It describes a near future in which the British people decide their representative democracy is irreparably broken and opt for violent regime change. Not how we usually view the phlegmatic British!

It has a revolution being carefully planned to avoid the Arab Spring effect of the new elite being worse than the old one. Set in central London it's very realistically described, full of accidents and errors. As in Triple Ignition, the narrator is looking back from the future and is pretty objective. There are brave people on all sides, and everyone uses dirty tricks. I like the fact that the characters in the first book mature and overcome new obstacles. For me that's a strength, because it gives relief from the violence and makes the narrative more believable.

I've looked at the author's bio, and it looks like he knows what he's talking about regarding weapons. So far as I can see, all his war gadgets would work, since they combine things we already have. Huge crowds co-ordinate themselves into armies using their networked smartphones, sort of mega Flash Mobs. An updated version of Anonymous takes out not just the government's IT, but also its digital communications. The revolutionaries use quadrocopter camera drones for reconnaissance and air cover.

The networked-libertarian post-revolutionary society is very plausible and includes downsides that may give you pause, like loss of privacy. That had me somewhat uneasy.

The book is polarizing; if you're not part of the British or EU political establishment it might give you hope for the future, but if you are, you'll probably hate it!

4.0 out of 5 stars The British Worm Turns, 27 April 2012
If I were in the British government and read this book, I'd quickly change course! Because, although fiction, it unpicks all of the things that have gone wrong with the country in the past 20 years, argues pretty convincingly that they can't be fixed without regime change, and then gives a precise military and technical description of how to achieve said change!

I'm not sure that the state of the British will get as bad as described in just 4 more years - economy wrecked and all overseas possession given to the EU in return for a bailout. But then I suppose in April 2008 the poor Greeks and Irish didn't predict what's now happened to them.

The gadgets used in the revolution are all very plausible, although there are less government mobile phone jammers than I'd expect. I liked the references to previous battles - Waterloo and Agincourt - and to the French Revolution of 1830. Also the general `Britishness' of the people, including the stiff upper lips of the embattled ruling class, and the slightly strained informality of the Royal Family.

I liked the narrative being shown against the backdrop of people's lives, but if you haven't read the previous book, Triple Ignition, you wouldn't know them that well.

All in all, a great read, and I'm looking forward to the next one with its promised nuclear war.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 May 2014
Brilliant follow up, can't wait to read the third book of this trilogy. This book had tears rolling down my face as I read the battle narration, without me even realising it, if only the events and successful outcomes in this book were true! Love this trilogy and author, many thanks, I will buy all your other works too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in quite a while., 19 Mar. 2014
This is the stand-out book of the series. Think of 1984 meets the French Revolution (but with modern equipment for the revolutionaries). I wish our MPS would read this, maybe give them a wake up call !! Read book one first as the first course, but this is the main course for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great plot but let down by some of the writing and sub plots, 10 Jan. 2014
J. Bray "BillyB" (London) - See all my reviews

I do however have a major problem with the sub plots- Romance badly written, Family- far too much detail and badly drawn.

I will be reading the third book and can only hope for a more tightly written narrative, a greater emphasis on the main plot and a LOT less of the Romance and Family.

But a great big thank you for writing these books that some would consider extreme and biased- exactly why I enjoyed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Dec. 2013
excellent read, wish it just wish it was,nt fiction, we live in hope, one day maybe, looking forword to reading third instalment

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 26 Nov. 2013
Another great book that topped the first. A revolution in. Britain, treachery in the EU, Britain again being the underdog getting back k stolen territory and the economy growing essentially showing Britain at its best. I like the outline of the constitution too.

The book also shows how the world is. When Jay becomes US senator and does thongs differently it posses off the establishment. Surprise.

Anyway, this books has plenty of action, some great tech ideas, a revolution, love and overall was a brilliant read.

The Correction (The Western Awakening Trilogy, Book 2)
The Correction (The Western Awakening Trilogy, Book 2) by Thomas Gibbon (Paperback - 21 May 2013)