4.0 out of 5 stars a trips down imagination road review, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Blossoming in Provence (Paperback)
I was lucky enough to receive a (signed) copy of Blossoming in Provence in exchange for my review as a part of Travel & Culture Week.

Kristin Espinasse is an American, married to a French man and living in France, along with their two children. Inspired by her blog, French Word A Day, she developed Blossoming in Provence which tells every day stories of life as a foreigner married and living in a different country.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

This book was a really enjoyable read, it was easy to read, insightful, amusing and entertaining. Though the chapters are short, they are full of information, and you certainly don't feel like you're missing out!

I feel that I did have a slight advantage being able to speak French myself, as I didn't have to stop and look up the words in the list at the end of each chapter, but because there was a list at the end of each chapter, I didn't feel that that was a massive disadvantage. Anyone would be able to understand everything because of the way in which Espinasse has laid out her book.

I absolutely loved having the word at the beginning of each chapter (I even learnt a new word - crotte), I thought that it was a good tie in with the author's blog, as well as telling you what each chapter was about. In the case of the words at the beginning of each chapter (and some others) there is also a phonetic pronunciation written, making it even easier to understand!

The stories that Espinasse told in her book, about her life, were all well written in an interesting, and often times amusing manner, there were many times when I went to myself 'that is so French!', especially as I lived there I can relate, though I think that if anyone has been to France, they will be able to find something in this book for themselves!

A really fun, enjoyable read!

Blog: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fab book!!!, 11 Jun. 2013
its a super trip to sunny Provence with a amiable and knowledgeable guide. I'm reading the whole series now. I recommend them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blossoming definitely, 17 Jan. 2014
Musicman (Leigh-on-Sea Essex) - See all my reviews
Like most articles written by this lady. Managed to get it on kindle and I'm not disappointed. Good read and quite humerous at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure joy to read, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Blossoming in Provence (Paperback)
I read her first book and loved it so I purchased her lastest book and
loved it just as much. I love how she incorporates the french words into
her story. You remember them that way

Blossoming in Provence
Blossoming in Provence by Kristin Espinasse (Paperback - 16 Dec. 2011)