4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners..., 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Complete Guide to Blender Graphics: Computer Modeling and Animation (Paperback)
Bought this, having no real knowledge of Blender at all.

This isn't a 'complete' guide by any means, so I have knocked off a star just for that, as that feels a bit misleading in hindsight. Where it does shine is in the easy to follow guide for each section, and I feel the book makes up for this deficiency elsewhere, as long as you are a beginner. The book itself is actually rather nice aesthetically, the pics are well done, and there are easy comments to show how to do each bit. I used the book more of a step by step tutorial, and I didn't know any of the menu interfaces or anything, and it got me using them correctly.

Basically its got me up creating a model, texturing it, I've also exported it and drawing it in OpenGL (that last part it doesn't touch on, but for me it shows what I have created is usable correctly). I'm using 2.60 so everything matches correctly with the examples, and I didn't get stuck at all. Some bits I haven't done in the book like animation or particles, but the chapters look like a thorough intro to them.

I would definitely recommend the book to anyone starting from scratch with blender. I would imagine however, if you already know the basics of navigation, how to have a reasonable stab at a mesh and textures etc, this book probably is a bit too basic for you.

If the title had been 'complete beginners guide', I would have still bought it, and given it 5 stars :).

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Intuitive Book, 8 Feb 2013
Good book for understanding the interface and tools .yet to read to the end ! .clear and helpfull with good images but could be more room for improvement .some times they can run over things a bit to quickley. nether the less a book i recomend in your library for beginers learning blender.its worth the investment if you can get it for or under 30 squid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 Jan 2013
This was purchased for my son who likes to build computers and design games etc., can't say I know a lot about it but he seems very happy with this book.

The Complete Guide to Blender Graphics: Computer Modeling and Animation