4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the series!
Hmmmmmm, read some mixed reviews on this book but I ended up liking it.

Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh
As it was free and the reviews were very good I tried this book but I couldn't get into it at all - I think perhaps because the personalities aren't very nice from the get go so there was no one character to reel me into the story.
Published on 22 Mar 2012 by Teeno

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the series!, 19 Feb 2012
Hmmmmmm, read some mixed reviews on this book but I ended up liking it.

Synopsis: For the last two years Ari's life has been anything but normal and on her 18th birthday, when her friends surprise her with a gimmick genie claiming to grant wishes, Ari discovers the truth. The tragic and strange occurrences surrounding her 16th birthday were not coincidental and her life is never going to be the same again.

Ari's real parents are not normal. They are not loving. They are not human. They are myth. They are Smokeless Fire. They are Jinn.

I must say, this book was EXTREMELY confusing at times. The whole plot of the story was Ari discovering her father and who she really is. Ari was a slightly annoying character to read about at times but I didn't mind her. I enjoyed her relationship with Charlie, you grew to like him over a period of time. I admire her relationship with him and I am shocked that she could still love him after seeing what he does in his free time....

Jai, lovely, lovely Jai. He was a humorous character to read about and I definitely like him. Set as Ari's guardian, the amazing and sexy boy starts to feel things for Ari but he pushes those feelings away, worried that they could get her hurt.

The book was....interesting. :) Satisfying but not worth screaming about. After reading this I hope to read Samantha Young's other books and sequel to Smokeless Fire, which is slated for summer 2012.

<Read more of my reviews at: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Nov 2011
I read the lunarmorte series and thought they were great and although I wasn't attracted to the idea of this story being about genies, I thought i'd give it a try. I wasn't disapointed. The genie aspect was so different and exciting I couldn't put the book down. Now I just have to wait for the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin', 5 Nov 2011
I have enjoyed all of Samantha Young's books so far - however Smokeless Far surpasses all the others! The characters are fantastic, I so want Ari and Jai to get together! The descriptions of the fantastic Jinn kings is amazing - would be great to see them on the big screen - you never know, that might be next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book By Samantha Young, 27 Jan 2012
Smokeless Fire is a truly gripping read and easily pulls you into the story to get you hooked. While teenage angst isn't my thing, this author has a way of making you care about the teenage characters that makes you put your self into their shoes regardless of your age. Ari and Jai's adventure starts as a rollcoaster that looks sure to continue twisiting and turning and I can't wait for the next in this series. I look forward to more about Charlie and where things lead to for him too.
I currently have all the books of Samantha Young available. I love the biting sacastic humour that are incorpoated into her books that have me tittering away to myself and Smokeless Fire is no different. Samantha Young has fast become my favorite author and I highly recommend you get her other books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set up for a new series, 28 Dec 2011
I enjoyed this introduction to a new series. The characters are interesting, the lead into the main plot well done and the story enjoyable.

It leaves you wanting a little bit more of the Jinn world, but I think this was done on purpose to entice you and leaves you eager to read the next book.

Well worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Slumber but still good read!, 3 Nov 2011
The latest Samantha Young book. I have enjoyed all her books so far and again she doesn't disappoint, she really knows how to create good characters that draw you in. Although not my favorite of hers so far I did still enjoy it. I found that i had to concentrate more to understand the detail around all the Jinn kings and mythology that went with it i had just finished her other book Slumber which i truly, unexpectedly loved.
If you love Samantha Young books then you will love this one too, without a doubt, but if you haven't yet had the pleasure start with Slumber or The Tale of the Lunarmorte books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uniquely Written, 5 Feb 2014
Stumbling upon the book by accident, I decided to give it a shot and must say that I am pleased with this decision.

The book was well-written and had a unique flair to it which I enjoyed, the introduction of the characters were well done and I felt like I was learning a lot about this whole other world without feeling overwhelmed with too much information.

My only complaint fell with the characters, I could not get emotionally invested in them which is usually the most important part of a book for me. Aside from Jai, I could not pick one character that I really liked.

I did feel that it became a bit too rushed near the end with some of the more action packed chapters and I struggled to keep up but at the same time, I enjoy when a book does this as it helps me get more involved and feel more empathy for the characters.

I purchased Scorched Skies at the same time and am currently working through this one as I have enjoyed the first in the series, eager to see how this all ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire Spirits, 19 Sep 2013
Very exciting books, holds me so I cannot put them down, and cannot wait for the next book to arrive

4.0 out of 5 stars Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits #1), 19 Aug 2013
Good book, interesting and mysterious. Started of like a romance novel getting to know the characters then changed beautifully into the type of book I have come to expect from this author. Lots of action, fast paced events with all the twist and turns and unexpected surprises, liked the magic of the different characters and learning more about their history, can't wait for the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW I loved it. Finally something different, 5 Aug 2013
I loved this new series which takes you into the world of the Jinn. Great characters and a new and exiting storyline. Once again there is a love triangle between the main girl character Ari her old love Charlie and the new boy on the scene Jai. This is more a teen novel but I still loved it.

Smokeless Fire: a Fire Spirits novel
Smokeless Fire: a Fire Spirits novel by Samantha Young (Paperback - 11 Oct 2011)