1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and works!, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Up to My Eyeballs in Nude Women: Techniques to Recruit and Direct Models, and Build Working Relationships. (Paperback)
As I couldn't draw or paint I dabbled with photography like many of us as an awkward teenager and always took landscapes. Now that I have the time I wanted to take it up again. More specifically I wanted to take nude photographs, something that I was too embarrassed to when I was younger. I'd looked for a long time for a book to help me with this. I wanted it to show me how I should approach potential models/subjects, how to `shoot' them - what poses etc., where to do this and anything else I may need. This book does it all and is a very easy read. A.K. Nicholas clearly knows his stuff and is very good at explaining this to others. From meeting models to the legal hurdle of model release forms to selling your work it is all listed in this book. Also as a bonus this book showcases many of his photographs which have given me ideas and inspiration. If I can get half as good as him I'll be happy.

Bottom line, I now have the confidence to approach potential subjects (women) and ask them to pose without sounding like a dirty old man. Five stars.