5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 26 Dec 2011
This book was recommended to me by Mark Williams, who published it, so I decided to give it a go. I'm about the right age for the target audience, I think - I'm 15, going on 16, so only a couple of years younger than Astra (or Hope).

And can I just say, this book was amazing.

It puts a whole new spin on the superhero thing while still being hilarious, and poking fun at the traditional ideas like the costumes and the skimpy ones that girls always end up wearing in comics! What's more, I could relate to Astra. Her problems, though blown up and with the added issue of the media, are still the sort of problems that people go through in their heads, especially folk of my age, so I appreciate reading something that told me how other people cope :)

I'll admit that I was a little annoyed when romance entered the story, but now that I'm getting into the sequel (Villains Inc. Episode 1) I'm thinking perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing, as it allows for the story to take other directions. What's more, I can't talk - my characters always end up falling for each other. And Marion G. Harmon did exactly what I would have done and made sure it wouldn't work out.

I won't give away any plot details (although if you're anything like my friend and you cry easily, take some tissues. I didn't, I was rather pleased, but I'm like that and should not be taken as the normal) but I want to encourage you to read this book. And don't be put off by my age, as I'm pretty sure it could be enjoyed by adults and teens alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Come in, Spiderman! Your time is up!, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Kindle Edition)
If you love comic-book superheroes, you'll love this.

If you hate comic-book superheroes you'll still love this!

The author takes a tired genre graphic-novel superhero concept and tranforms it into a very readable, thought-provoking and throughly enjoyable book that I cannot recommend highly enough.

Not just a fresh take on an old idea, but written with insight and intelligence, not to mention a mastery of the English language.

This was recommended to me by a Kindle UK best-selling author and I was not disappointed. Nor will you be.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly entertaining read, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed 'wearing the cape' and found it easy to read.
I thought to start with, it was going to be a fairly simplistic story, for a younger-teen age group, but I was wrong. It is an enjoyable fast-paced story that is hard to classify. In retrospect, this is one of the points I most enjoyed; at times seeming to appeal to completely different demographic. It has love scenes, deals out some geeky physics, quite a bit on costume and dress, and lots of super powers If your brain is coded to only enjoy specific genres of books give this a miss, but if you like a bit of fun and are literately open minded, I would recommend giving this a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good superhero read, 23 Dec 2014
What I Thought:

I did find this book rather enjoyable. Instead of the typical story of someone just becoming a superhero, and bam, they are already good at everything and know the ropes, we are given a story where superheroes happen everyday. We read along as they learn the ropes, get trained on how to control their powers and ultimately decide where they fit in, in the grand scheme of hero business.

Sure, most of them either choose to be a part of the main league of heroes or to help part time, but there are some who ultimately choose to do bad with what they have been given. The Teatime Anarchist is one of those such people, or at least we believe he is.

Throughout the story, we are hit with surprises, mishaps, fun and events that will change the world. All the while, we are learning these things from the perspective of a newly turned hero. She is caught in the middle of major events, whilst she is trying to learn about herself and decide who and what she wants to be. Ultimately, she has to make the decision of a lifetime- whether or not to trust what is in front of her. Can he be trusted?

I like the pace and style of this book. I also found the little snippets at the beginning of the chapter fun and interesting. It gave the book a different feel. I think the way that the book was written adds to it as, as mentioned, it gives the superhero world a new look, especially as we see them when they are completely new to the business.

I thought the pace was great, though at some moments it was slow, it did pick up and gain a lot of momentum thereafter. It is a unique book, with twists that you definitely won't expect and the characters are fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Wearing the Cape series!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Kindle Edition)
I highly recommend all the wearing the cape stories.
I read this one only recent and have had to read the others!

really good story, and such an interesting setting the world is.
The female lead is fantastic and the plot is great, both big and small moments.

check it out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jun 2013
Joseph Bryant "Joe" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Paperback)
A fantastic super-hero novel. Harmon creates a believable world, with interesting characters and a gripping storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book - you must buy it, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Paperback)
Without exception the very best book I have read in ages. I could hardly put it down, and I'd give it more stars if I could.

Below are the two other books in the series. Buy them! I will!

Villains Inc.: (Wearing the Cape)
Omega Night (Wearing the Cape)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Dec 2014
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Kindle Edition)
A captivating story line, believable and engaging characters and some great action scenes.
Although it's about super humans it's a very human story.
Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Into the blue..., 4 Nov 2014
This review is from: Wearing the Cape (Kindle Edition)
A good, well-trationalised superhero mileau, that hangs together. Not great literature - more of a ripping yarn. Recommended if you like this genre.

Wearing the Cape
Wearing the Cape by Marion G. Harmon (Paperback - 10 July 2011)