1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this to you ..., 14 May 2012
This review is from: Sweetgrass: Book I: Johnathan and Esher (Paperback)
Stumbled over this by chance and how pleased I am to have done so! Set in the US civil war (though no battle scenes as it all takes place in an army training camp for new recruits prior to them marching off to fight) it centres on two very complex characters (Johnathan & Esher) who meet and fall in love (although I doubt either one would describe it that way). But its so much more than a simple m/m romance. It gripped me from beginning to end and its been awhile since I stayed up late to finish a book!
Johnathan & Esher are the core of the story but there is so much else going on around them - all the other characters are richly drawn and "real". The story moves from tragedy to comedy to violence to tenderness and around again - and it does it all so naturally! I think this is a first novel from the author and she should be applauded for what she has produced. A second installment is apparently a work-in-progress and certainly the strory arc needs to continue - so I very much look forward to it being published.
A joy to have read it.

Sweetgrass: Book I: Johnathan and Esher
Sweetgrass: Book I: Johnathan and Esher by Patricia Ann Kuess (Paperback - 2 Sept. 2011)