1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for AQA A2 Physics project, 25 April 2013
Joanne K. Pilsworth (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Making Starships and Stargates: The Science of Interstellar Transport and Absurdly Benign Wormholes (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son, as he was having to write a report for his A2 Physics course on the practical possibilities of a mission to Mars. The report had to be written from a Physics perspective and was supposed to entail indepepdent study, so he needed information which included the Physics equations etc. (I am a biology and chemistry graduate, so know nothing about Physics).

Based on my son's response, this book really fills a gap. I liked particularly that it was a recent book, which is very important in some areas of science. I liked also the step-wise approach taken by the author. And, let's face it, if a book can be read by a reluctant A-level student, then it can't be bad at all.

Overall, if you find your offspring in a similar situation of needing more advanced material than provided by the school, then I recommend this book highly.