on 28 October 2012
Seriously, this book is a waste of good paper. It has 2 authors, who can't string a decent sentence of written English together between them. The grammar is non-existent, and the misuse of capitals and ridiculous over-use of exclamation marks became irritating within a couple of paragraphs.
I persevered, hoping that the content would make up for the poor presentation. Unfortunately it doesn't. It is just a succession of observations, mostly attempting to boost their own egos by making fun of those people they see as lesser mortals, ie those who don't travel as often and/or don't travel in business class. (An alternative description, which they pointedly don't use, is those people who actually pay for their own travel - unlike, I suspect, themselves.)
It isn't entertaining or informative, just annoying.
Some of the anecdotes are not even original but copied from other sources, including from another (much better written and more interesting) book which I re-read immediately before this one (In-Flight Confidential).
This book smacks of simply being an ego-trip for the authors who spend their time travelling on someone else's dollar.
Save your money - don't make the same mistake I did by buying it.
on 2 November 2012
My interest was sparked by the preview available on Amazon, and was held at the start of the book. Unfortunately it became harder and harder to maintain interest through the appalling editing, with disjointed sentences and repeated passages (example on p. 198'The ILS ...is as far as Hong Kong went merely for pussies' is repeated two paragraphs later). The style seems to get rushed as the book progresses, as though the author is struggling to make a check in gate. Shame, because I think there is a first class book trying to get out.
Glad I bought it; despite my criticisms I thoroughly enjoyed it and I will pass it on to other interested travellers.
on 15 March 2013
This book is well worth a read, The experiences and observations of behaviour in general whilst travelling is very entertaining.
on 21 January 2013
A really nice book, well written, very funny, helped me to pass the time during flight delays.
Read it on my Kindle
on 15 January 2013
An amazing insight to the world of the frequent flyer, and just how
the regard you and me on our package holiday flight with distate.
It is certainly a world apart from what the less frquent flyer would
even imagine, hilarious from start to finnish.