This book took me completely by surprise. I was intrigued from the first time I saw the cover and title. I found that I kept thinking about it and once I finally read it I found that I thought about it for weeks after finishing it. The story is amazingly well written, it is told in two parts a trial and Sunny remembering the events that led up to the charges. It all started with required community service hours to finish school.

From the very beginning we knew a tragedy was coming, but we did not know how. We had no idea what got us from where we were to a corpse. Sonja Anna Ehret aka Sunny has been charged with manslaughter, the story takes place a year after the events. The trial begins and Sunny is living through the trial and remembering the story as she experienced it. Sunny was volunteering at Paradise Manor because she had to for school. But while there she meets Cole Demers a young man about her age that comes almost every day to visit his grandmother. They develop a friendship and often spend their time at the manor together helping the older people. Cole shares with Sunny that he promised his grandmother that he would help he pass if it was needed. After an accident Sunny feels responsible for, she is faced with questions or loyalty, commitment and following through.

This is one of the best books I have read in the last year. It will make you think. It will stir your heart. Give it is read it is truly a gem!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again