Format: PaperbackChange

on 18 May 2014
I enjoyed reading this as it was from my 'era'. However it did seem a little too long for comfort. Although I do not know the sources for the information it does seem to be fairly objective and credible particularly in terms of Lennon's relationships with Yoko Ono, Paul Mc Cartney and Brian Epstein. I found the consistent mis-spelling of Allen (Alien) Klein quite annoying!
on 28 February 2014
very interesting account of the sixties in Liverpool with the Mersey Beat scene.. Snipits of local information.involving John Lennon and other members of the original group.
on 11 March 2014
The story was very much what I expected. Poor John had a very mixed up young life. He however showed the world that he was a musical genius. Thank you for the memories.
on 3 February 2014
Although this book is primarily about John Lennon it also reflects on his relationship with the other Beatles, Yoko Ono and those on the bandwagon.It is also a study into the social history of Liverpool,London and Hamburg during those early years and the New York art scene in the 70s. Even though I grew up on Merseyside during the Merseybeat era this book contained many things I hadn't known about those times.
on 2 March 2014
I chose this rating because there was nothing new in this book,what hadn't read or new about before I chose this book.So when I had redit what was the secret.
on 21 April 2014
What a read, sophistication,punctuation and wording is next to nothing, the writer has got this to a T spot on God Bless John Lennon and Thanks David S Ryan
on 20 May 2014
Ok, but quite a few factual inaccuracies in this book. Nothing really in there that I did not already know about John.
on 28 February 2014
did not know he was so troubled all his life.good read and a insight into his relationship with the other beatles.
on 27 August 2014
Don't bother, I still don't understand why anyone would write this rubbish.
on 14 March 2014
I was disappointed with this. I always loved the Beatles as this was my era. It destroyed lots of my fond memories of them. I prefer to leave the negative in the past and celebrate the positives that he gave.