5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginning to a Great Titled Series
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by S. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Someone needs an English lesson.
The books them selves are very good. I like the storyline with several small plots that all fit in together in the end. However. Someone needs to hire a different proof reader. The amount of gross grammatical errors in all of these books is cringe-worthy. Would be full marks, but the teacher in me can't let the blatant disregard for the English language go unpunished.
Published on 17 Aug 2011 by Camy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginning to a Great Titled Series, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
Alice Bonham is an ordinary seventeen year old girl living in Minneapolis, but one night she meets the funny and charming Jack and her life changes dramatically. Alice doesn't understand why she's so drawn to Jack or why she needs to see him all the time, and despite her insistent questioning of his weird lifestyle, she quickly becomes his best friend. And then she meets his family including his brother Peter, whom she feels inextricably drawn (lusty drawn) to. Alice knows they're supernatural...but even she feels she might be going nuts when they tell her that they're vampires and she's meant to be Peter's soul mate.

My Blood Approves (love the title) is surely going to be compared to Twilight for obvious reasons but Hocking has a distinctive and edgy voice which I enjoy. Hocking's narrative is completely addictive and the characters of Alice, Jack and Milo so incredibly likeable.
I picked this up after reading the first in Hocking's Trylle series which was also brilliant.
Really great story, looking forward to the next in the My Blood Approves series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Someone needs an English lesson., 17 Aug 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Passed an afternoon ..., 15 Feb 2011
Amazon Customer (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
Ok, main reason I bought this was because it was cheap and I wanted something to pass an afternoon.
This book did just that ... it was ok and I found myself getting drawn into the whole story but I have to confess ... when I was approaching the end, my enthusiasm was gone. I just didn't feel like I couldn't wait to find out what would happen and because of that fact, I haven't bought the rest of the series.
Overall, a good book to pass an afternoon but just not for me, I'm afraid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much more, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
So I downloaded this book thinking that it would be just an average read to keep me going for a day or two.
My impressions? The story is very Twilight, not too much of a problem but for those who want originality it's a huge no and it's no where near as good as Twilight on many levels.
The quality of the writing itself is awful, I would expect this level of writing from someone below the age of 15, the start of the book feels rushed and underdeveloped like it was only written because it had to be there. There could, should, have been so much more characterisation in those starting chapters.
The overall effect, you don't really feel like you're immersed in the story.
Having said this, I liked the story, despite its flaws.

I was sorely disappointed by the number of typos, I find it shocking that books are being released with this number of errors!

3.0 out of 5 stars By the 4th book I hope they sacked the proof reader!, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of Amanda Hockings books but I was a little disappointed in these 4 books. Hollowland was fantastic! So what happened here?
I think they were hurried and she needs a better proof reader as by the 4th book there were mistakes on every page. I can understand some mistakes but this was just sloppy. And I am dyslexic!
If a news paper can print a paper everyday with only a marginal amount of mistakes, there is no excuse for a book to have this many stupid mistakes, there were words like 'the' when it should be 'there'. I felt like a school teacher wanting to correct a 10 year olds home work!
The story was ok but not as good as others she has done. Alice grew on me by book 4 but up until then she wasn't particularly likable.
Please note English people do NOT use the word 'love' in every sentence they speak. In many recent books by American authors this is the case when they are writing about an English persons dialect....not every American uses the word howdy do they?
I am not giving up and I will read the Switched books as many of her other books have been very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 19 Feb 2012
Emanon (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
This is a good book. It is not my usual type of story but it is well written, with good characterisation and good internalisation. For these reasons I'd recommend it - simple as that!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only okay, 18 Oct 2011
DaisyDaisy "Daisy" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
Maybe if I had read this before the Trylle trilogy I would have been less disappointed. However, this is not the case and I found this story was just dull and predictable and I didn't enjoy it half as much as I may have done if Trylle hadn't left me expecting so much more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Blood Approves, 20 April 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
Like most, I downloaded this book onto my Kindle not expecting much, but was still reading into the early hours of the morning to finish it off! I adore the characters, and have since purchased books 2 & 3 to continue the tale :) There are a huge amount of grammatical errors in the book, and I'm not too sure how they could be missed??? Will definitely try the author's other novels :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
I have read loads of books like this recently and to be fair most of them just use the same the same story lines as the popular books Twilight, Vampire Diary's, Evermore etc etc However this book stood out. I bought this book for the kindle 4 days ago and have since bought the the 3 books that follow it and i'm just finishing off the last book now. Seriously I couldn't put it down, I've been shattered at work because of the late nights spend glued to this series! The first book is sort of just a taste of the story to come, books 2 & 3 where fantastic and so far 4 seems great too. I would would defo recommend getting these especially with the great price for the Kindle version!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
When I first bought this I expected it to be like Twilight, and had resigned myself to boredom. However, I ended up staying awake half the night to finish it!
The way the story is told amazed me as I fell as hard as Alice for the two boys. Peter with his longing and cold distance and Jack with his open friendliness. I felt that Alice was a good character, and Amanda Hocking should be proud!

My Blood Approves
My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking (Audio CD - 6 Mar 2012)