5.0 out of 5 stars A very fun read for Psych fans, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Psych's Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified (Paperback)
What we have here is basically a self-help book, a cohesive 'how-to' guide for getting into the amazing world of detectives... from the in-character view of Psych's protagonist, Shawn Spencer. So, I probably wouldn't use this as an *actual* guide to crime fighting. (heh)

The book is quite nicely thick, much bigger than I thought it would be. Most of it is written through Shawn's words, although other Psych characters such as Gus, Juliet, Lassiter, and Henry join in with their own passages. Everything is quite believably written, and I could definitely hear the characters' voices in my head as I read through the book. Characterisation is quite spot-on.

A word of warning, though. I wouldn't recommend this to those new to the series. In fact, the book includes spoilers up to and including the first few episodes of Season 7, so please be vary of that. That said, I'd definitely recommend that you watch the whole show (including S7) before you read this. Actually, I'd recommend that everyone watch the show. It's amazing.

So, in conclusion, this is a great little read for fans of the series, not so much everyone else. It's well worth the asking price, and I'm quite happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I sense this is a great book, 18 May 2013
absolutely awesome book , its funny and cool like the show, as usual shawn totally leads the way thinking about himself and his guide to being a detective (by the way I am thinking of setting up my own detective agency so its a good career guide for school kids !)hmm must think of a business name.all hail the pineapple,oh and it worth the price you pay I expected a short little book, but its a nice hefty book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Light reading, 21 Aug 2013
The book is good and if you watch the show you have to get this book, makes sense, that way!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good condition, 31 May 2014
I received this book in good condition and what a great book it is. Psych is one of my favourite TV shows!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny book, 23 Feb 2014
Excellent, funny book. Bought for brother who loves Psych who didn't stop laughing the whole time he read it. If you or someone you know loves the series then you/they will get lots of pleasure reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 30 Jan 2014
I love the series and I loved the book! Highly recommended if you know what kind of character is Shawn Spencer.

5.0 out of 5 stars You know that's right!, 24 July 2013
Book arrived quick & in good condition. Good price. The book is great, if you're a fan you will love it! Am happy with it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv it, 19 July 2013
brilliant , like being at a lecture with the greatest detective alive , and all his sidekicks :-D , Psych

5.0 out of 5 stars Psych - in book form!, 13 Jun 2013
I must confess that I do love my Psych a little bit too much - I'm even beginning to take the "I'm getting some serious psychic vibrations" farce into work these days, to the bemusement of my colleagues. By far the best tv series I've seen in a long time - who'd have thought a fake psychic and a reluctant 'sidekick' would combine to form such a comedic double act?

To keep it simple - this book basically is a continuation of Psych, but via pen and paper (or printer, binder and paper). Quite a lot of insights into lots of the characters and lots of laughs along the way - I love how basically all the content is brand new and original, with any 'recycled' stuff being references to past cases, and how it is written from the point of view of Shawn and Gus (and the various guest writers), each of these things really help to make it as though you are 'watching' Psych via reading this book.

Highly recommend this book if you love Psych - you won't be disappointed. I am confident I could set up a totally bitchin' office and become a master Sherlock Homeboy in no time thanks to this book - it should be on every school's curriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Dec 2014
Must have for a psych fan

Psych's Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified
Psych's Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified by Burton Guster (Paperback - 25 April 2013)