5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Ideas
At some point in each of our lives we draw up a balance sheet of our achievements - What was the meaning of our life and what part did I play in the chain of being? Did I manage the trade off's? Did I find the right balance? This book is about one man that did.

Tony Hsieh book is compelling because it is clear his vocation and destiny is mapped out from the...
Published on 28 Oct. 2010 by Andrew Cardle

3.0 out of 5 stars Average book by a guy who got lucky
The book makes for interesting reading in parts, and in other areas it drags on for far too long. For example, the parts leading up to the founding of Link Exchange are slow and tedious, whereas LinkExchange is covered in about 4 pages, and then hardly mentioned again.

One thing that becomes apparent is that Tony Hsieh achieved his status more through luck,...
Published 14 months ago by Benson

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars ... was a gift and I hope the reciver was happy, but I was not content that I had ..., 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose (Paperback)
The subject was a gift and I hope the reciver was happy, but I was not content that I had to call for the subject and extra time as it did'nt come as promised. Ingelise Johnsen

5.0 out of 5 stars detailed, compelling and can't put down able, 16 Nov. 2014
Really enjoyed this - totally honest, considered and positive writing in the spirit of WOW and sharing. Will definitely need to re read at some point soon! Thank you Zappos!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book on business culture, 24 Jun. 2013
It's a great book for anybody working at a startup or large companies.

Helps to expand your vision on business culture and what really matters to make more profit.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING!!, 25 Jan. 2013
A truly inspirational book!!! The culture adopted at Zappos is one that will lend itself to any business, organisation or person who wants to find true happiness!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 26 Jun. 2015
This book is very good. Inspiring to create better work places. Well worth reading do anyone who is going into business or developing their own enterprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 10 Nov. 2013
Very good biography! Easy to read and very interesting! Highly motivational and good life story if you want to know more about entrepreneurship

4.0 out of 5 stars quality straight forward read, 14 Mar. 2015
Good quality, interesting read with some fun anecdotes, which leave you asking yourself some, possibly, deep questions and general reflection

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading!!, 21 May 2011
ABBAS AYYOUP (DAJEEJ, SOUTH FARWANIYA, KUWAIT Kuwait) - See all my reviews
It is a nice book to read.. lot to learn and it is written in such a way that people will not procrastinate at least the reading the book..

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, 14 Dec. 2011
If you enjoyed Richard Branson's Losing My Virginity, Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh is worth a read.

Delivering Happiness is the autobiography of Hsieh (pronounced Shay), who sold his first company to Microsoft for $265 million at age 24.

He is now CEO of Zappos, the online shoe retailer that was acquired by Amazon in 2009 in a deal valued at over $1.2 billion.

Not bad for a 35 year-old whose business ventures began at the age of nine with a worm farm.

While I enjoy reading business books, when I started The Reading Experiment it was not my intention to review them. However, I really liked Hsieh's story and he has some great life philosophies.

Delivering Happiness doesn't have the same level of glitz, glamour and adventure as Losing My Virginity.

But Hsieh has the same entrepreneurial spirit and infectious enthusiasm as Branson and his journey to fame and fortune is equally remarkable - plus, Hsieh is an all-round nice guy.

About halfway through, Hsieh explains the Zappos company values, its corporate culture (the company has been ranked 15th in Fortune magazine's Best Companies to Work For list) and its obsession with customer service. This was my favourite part of the book.

I also enjoyed Hsieh's insights at the end of the book into what makes people happy.

My only criticism is that Zappos doesn't ship to Australia :)

Click on my profile above to find more of my recommended reads and visit my website to register for free email updates.

4.0 out of 5 stars very interesting book, 20 Mar. 2013
This is one of the first books I have read about business people, I was very pleasantly surprised. It's a really interesting book.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose
Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose by Tony Hsieh (Paperback - 6 July 2010)