5.0 out of 5 stars A true feel good book, full of simmering sexual tension, friendship, love and humour, 14 Mar 2014
The 6th book in the series, and at the risk of repeating myself..I loved it.

Grace came to Lucky Harbour by accident, after having lost her Job in New York, heading to Seattle for a new job, only to realise sleeping with the boss was part of the job description! She tells herself she cannot stay in Lucky Harbour, she needs her high powered job, to live up to her parents high achievements!

Josh is the Lucky Harbour Dr, has his own practice, works in the ER, works in the HSC, has a 4 year old son, a 21 year old paralysed sister, and a devil dog! To say he has a lot on his plater is an understatement!

I loved DR McHotty! I think he is my favourite Male Lead of the entire series! He tried so hard to live up to expectations, be what he thought he should be, help people, be a good dad, a good Dr, a good brother.

And Grace, I loved her almost as much! She was there for him before she even barely knew him, saw how he needed help, and just offered support.

Again, and as Jill Shalvis can do so well, it is not a story just about a couple coming together! She weaves in a story about family, and how they can let go of the past, and the anger and resentment and realise that they are a family and can come through something awful and out the other side happy and as a proper loving family.

These books just make me so happy after reading, they are true feel good books, full of simmering sexual tension, friendship, love, humour and all based in the awesome town of Lucky Harbour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Harbor book 6, 13 Sep 2012
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Forever and a Day: Number 6 in series (Lucky Harbor) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have loved all of the previous books in Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor series so I went into Forever and a Day with high expectations - especially since all of my friends have been telling me that Josh is their favourite heroes so far. Now I knew I would enjoy the book, I knew it would make me laugh, I knew it would be full of witty banter, characters I love and steamy sex scenes but I didn't know quite how much it would blow me away. I now have a new favourite LH family and believe me Josh and Grace become a family by the end of the book - along with Josh's son Toby, his sister Anna and even the demon dog Tank. Their story is one of the sweetest in the series but that doesn't make it any less steamy and I'll tell you right now Josh is one sexy doctor (swimming pool scene anyone?!).

Josh hasn't had an easy time over the last few years as a single parent to five year old Toby (who is completely adorable by the way - I seriously wanted to adopt him!) and also guardian to his younger sister who was left paralysed by the car accident that killed their parents. He works long hours trying to keep his father's practise running but also taking on shifts in the ER along with doing whatever it takes to keep his family together. Josh is the kind of guy who works hard and doesn't have much time to play hard but when he decides he wants to play with Grace he goes all out and sweeps her off her feet. He loves his family and always puts everyone else before himself and you know he desperately needs someone to put him first for a change.

Grace has spent her whole life living the dreams that other people had for her and never really stopped to figure out if that was what she really wanted. She was raised to believe that being a success means having a good career and has felt a failure since she turned down the job that she moved to Seattle for because her boss wanted more than work related favours from her. Running low on funds she has been forced to take all kinds of odd jobs to make ends meet and ends up working for Josh looking after Toby. As Grace gets to know Josh and his family she is the one who sees how desperately he needs someone to put him first for once. She has the ability to see exactly what he needs and how to give it to him no matter how much he tries to hide it. It was lovely to see Grace open up and start to discover her own hopes and dreams, in Lucky Harbor she has finally found somewhere she can belong, a place where she has friends and can find contentment.

One of the things I have always loved about this series is the friendships that each trilogy follows so of course it was great to catch up with Mallory, Ty, Amy and Matt and see how they are all getting along. It was good to see them teasing Josh & Grace and the way that they all encouraged the couple to follow their hearts. I also really loved Josh's family, they gave the story a slightly different feel to the previous books and I've already mentioned how adorable Toby is. As much as I enjoyed the antics of Toby and the crazy dog Tank my heart really went out to Anna. She has been through so much but is a survivor and I would love to see more of her character in the future.

I can't praise or recommend this series highly enough and I can't tell you how thrilled I was when Jill Shalvis announced there will be at least 3 more books in the Lucky Harbor series (including one with a firefighter for the hero!!). There is currently no information on release dates for these books but they are going to be at the top of my "must buy immediately" list. While I'm waiting for those I am planning on working my way through as much of her back list as I can because Jill has quickly become one of my favourite contemporary romance authors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this story but the publisher needs to correct the mistakes, 30 Dec 2013
I love Jill Shalvis' books especially the Lucky Harbor series. They're funny, heart warming and hot! BUT the beginning of this ebook is all wrong, the pages are mixed up or repeated. Not good and needs sorting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 11 Dec 2013
Feel good distraction all the way. So want to live in lucky harbour, characters are a hoot, keep em coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jill Shalvis, 3 Nov 2013
I love Jill Shalvis., The Lucky Harbour Series is light reading with lots of fun and laughs I just love it.

Forever and a Day: Number 6 in series (Lucky Harbor)
Forever and a Day: Number 6 in series (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Sep 2012)
Used & New from: £2.75