5.0 out of 5 stars Finally convinced!
Published on 20 Nov 2011 by Clare W.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed. it just tells you what you already know ...
very disappointed. it just tells you what you already know if you have followed a low carb way of life. Maybe good if your a new comer to low carb eating.
Published 4 months ago by gill knight

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally convinced!, 20 Nov 2011
Clare W. "claremacwatts" (Shotteswell, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased I bought this book. All my adult life I have struggled with cravings for sugery fatty carbs, and managed several times to lose a lot of weight by low fat, high complex carb dieting, only to give in when at my goal weight, and put back everything lost plus a load more. I have been so indoctrinated into eating "healthily" that when I tried doing Atkins I gave up after a week as I was waiting for the heart attack to get me! I have about ten books here on low carb eating including Why We Get Fat, Trick or Treat, the Diet Delusion, but still hang on to thinking I am lining myself up for death!! Well finally after reading this book I am now convinced thank goodness. It is written as if the author is sitting in your living room chatting as a friend would. Read The Diet Delusion for a much more in depth scientific explanation of the workings of our hormones etc., but just for the diet comparisons and the little nuggets he slips in about research done, and the high esteem the writers are held in is what tipped the balance for me I think. I do find I feel so much stronger physically eating low carb, and have found I just love the fat on my meat to my great surprise. The cravings just vanish, and best of all I just don't get hungry, and don't spend every waking moment being bullied by my brain yelling at me to eat cake etc. In summary this book is informative, educational and a darned good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great summary of the benefits of Low Carb lifestyle., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Living Low Carb (Paperback)
I have been low-carb for the last 8 months, lost almost 4 stones, and feel great.
I have read several books on the subject, but this one is perfect at explaining the benefits and challenging the myths propagated against it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, well written and up to date, 12 Sep 2012
W. Thompson (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This is a great read and very well written. If you are interested in learning about fat loss then this is the book for you. Soundly backed up with scientific studies, this has reviews of all the major low carb diets and why they work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have !, 17 Dec 2012
Fantastic book to learn about low carb. You get everything you need to know: the science and an unbiased judgement about the matter. I read many books on the subject, it's the best from far, very detailed and approachable. A must have !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative book, 13 Mar 2011
I tried low carb dieting a few years ago now but gave up after finding the induction phase of Atkins too restrictive. Little did I know that there are many other low carb plans out there. This book reviews them all and offers up to date scientific opinions on the validity of the theories behind the different diets. Definitely worth a read if you're contemplating a low carb or 'lower carb' lifestyle. The book comments on the pros and cons of all the different plans available and is worth reading to let you make an informed choice about which diet book to spend money on!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic Book!, 14 April 2011
This book is a very interesting read, covering facts,myths,39 low carb diets, how they work,opinions,history of low carb , foods, tips on low carb and questions.

One of the best books I have read on this subject and certainly worth having to read,keep and refer to.You can open it at any point to have a quick read.
I wish I had written it myself LOl, so informative not your usual diet book a must for the low carber!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK, WELL WRITTEN, LOW CARB DIET WORKS!, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Living Low Carb (Paperback)
This eating plan works. The explanations in the book are excellent. I would recommend this book for people who find it hard to lose weight and control it. It is a way of eating for life. This man knows what he is talking about. Don't delay buy the book. If you do what is suggested in the book weight will come off and stay off.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book from Jonny Bowden, 23 Jan 2013
This was one of the very first books I bought when I started eating low-carb, but it still remains one of my favourites. I managed to lose four stone in six months - so when people ask me about what sort of low-carb diets are available, the first thing I usually do is lend them my copy of this book to see some of the options.

Jonny's writing style is very easy to follow, and I suggest this book to anyone looking to investigate the low-carb lifestyle. He looks at many different versions of the low-carb diet, rates them and suggests who might (or might not!) benefit from each one.

I *HIGHLY* recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Living Low Carb (Paperback)
This book explains how living the low carb way can be good for you. I particularly liked the reviews on the various low carb diets such as Atkins, Paleo etc and find them helpful. I would recommend this book to anyone you would like to undertand about living the low carb way

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 30 Jan 2013
Everything you need to know about Low Carb diets and plans. Excellent for know which one would suit and if you are already on one, a break down if it is good bad or ugly....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Living Low Carb
Living Low Carb by author of The Zone foreword by Barry Sears (Paperback - 7 Jan 2013)