5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know to make your own soft toys.
This book is better than I'd dared hope, even having been on the author's blog (which is where I learnt the book existed).
Published 11 months ago by Panda

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
have not had time to make a toy yet but will let you know when i try it out. Thanks
Published 8 months ago by Kristine Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know to make your own soft toys., 9 Jan 2014
Panda (SW. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
It is crammed full of lessons and tips and is written so that you can progress your skills as you work through the projects, or just by dipping in and out of it. I love the fact that Abigail Glassenberg has written this to give us *all* the skills we need to create our own designs and it is written unselfishly, sharing so much that she has learnt over the years to truly set us free to create rather than just giving us part of the story. The projects are lovely which is a bonus and are actually toys I would like to make.
In a nutshell, this book is a game changer for both those starting out and those with experience. I'm usually heartily disappointed with How To craft books as invariably they either assume you know much of it already or they stop before things get interesting, this book is a rare beast and I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
I love this book. It arrived today and I haven't been able to put it down. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Comprehensively written for those with varying levels of experience, it teaches the basics to help design and create your own soft toys. Well written and detailed without assuming you know what she's on about. Definitely recomend this to anyone wanting to make their own individual creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of useful tips, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
My own attempts at soft animals have been either rather 2-D or with basic bottom gussets. I now have a much better idea of how to be more adventurous.

I consider myself to be a reasonably well experienced sewer but have already come across a number of small tips which have made a difference to my work, such as how to quickly, neatly and securely finish off hand sewn seams and facial features using a pin, and how to turn narrow pieces quickly and without ruining them..

I will be making quite a few of the animal patterns given in the book for two reasons. 1) to improve my understanding of the construction techniques and pattern making and 2) because they are so cute! I'm on my third rabbit now.

5.0 out of 5 stars stuffed animals, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
Excellent book plenty of patterns as well, really lots of interesting tips and diagrams very reasonably priced for what is in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars all you'll need to get started!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
this book is brilliant....i have only recently started to make stuffed animals with one template...this book gives you all you need from what materials to use to stitches that are best for each part of the task....the photos are great and will get you motivated to begin stitching....there is no room for failure with the amount of detail you get and the icing on the cake is the abundance of templates at the back to keep you stitching to your heart content!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
This is an absolutely invaluable book, for the novice or more experienced toy-maker. Clearly written, with every conceivable area covered. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
Patterns look good, tips useful even though been making toys for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Aug 2014
Martin Crane "Dearold-daddy" (Ashford, Kent. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
Exactly what I wanted in every way

5.0 out of 5 stars stuffed animals is an excellent book. It is very informative and clear to ..., 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
stuffed animals is an excellent book.It is very informative and clear to understand.illustrations are excellent.I would reccommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
My sister loved it and hopefully she will start making toys for her kids. That's her plan anyway :)

Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Animals by Abigail Patner Glassenberg (Paperback - 7 Mar 2014)