5.0 out of 5 stars Jittery Husband
Published 21 months ago by vicky

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a buy if this is your first self help book for anxiety
The book was informative but it's roughly the same as all the other self help books for anxiety. I have brought 5 different self help books for anxiety & 2 CDs (hypnosis & audio self help) & if I am honest, they are all the same. The basic message is this - you cause your anxiety & only you can get rid of it....... Easier said than done!!!!
Published 9 days ago by Trueblue

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Jittery Husband, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: How to Stop Anxiety & Panic Attacks: A Simple Guide to using a specific set of Techniques to Stop Panic Attacks, Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, Fear of Driving or Flying and Stress (Paperback)
Hi, my normally very laid back husband came to me with a list of symptoms & was worried what was wrong with him. Having suffered with anxiety for years & been successfully cured of it, I suggested he had anxiety and pointed him to the doctor for some beta blockers. In the mean time I arranged him some counselling & researched a concise 'mans' guide' to kicking anxiety for good.

The beta blockers gave his mind space to heal. The counselling pin pointed the cause. The book explained anxiety in a way that he felt he had control over it. With an IQ of 160, he has to understand things in order to feel comfortable. This book was perfect. No frilly, girls anecdotes. Just one guy relaying his experience & practical techniques to taking control over your life gain. My husband went from feeling like a weak failure to a powerful career man, father & provider again, with the necessary skills to do so successfully.

A fabulous book for guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short,sweet and to the point!, 13 Jun. 2012
Ms. R. Timbo "R. Timbo" (England, Essex) - See all my reviews
After watching geert explain about his problems and how he eliminated them on YouTube I thought 2 things,
1- what a charismatic and intelligent guy he his

2- why has it taken me this long to find him.

I have complying with the "linden method" for a while now and although extremely helpful and informative I found that it did not address the specific issues that I had, this book did,
It is full of tips, techniques and advice on what to do before, during and after a panic attack which although some would say " der, that's obvious" how many would have actually tried that technique, and believe me it works!
I honestly have to say that this book is a little gem!
Thanks Geert!

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 12 Jun. 2013
Flixycat (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
I read this to help with my anxiety,it helps that the author has been through it himself and knows exactly how you feel.it is explained in good simple terms,and gives you good advice on coping with this illness.I also follow him on Facebook and subscribe to his newsletter.if you suffer from this horrible affliction then this book is well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anxiety!, 23 July 2012
I've recently bought this book and am impressed. I would recommend it to everyone. Both Geert's books are good. I would prefer to take this road appose to pills.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Read This Book If You Want A Life Free From Panic", 29 Sept. 2010
Working as a counsellor/psychotherapist for a number of years I have read several self-help books on the subject of panic and anxiety and along with Claire Weeks's book Self Help For Your Nerves this book gives an informative and common sense approach to tackling the above subject. The first step to curing anxiety and panic is to fully understand how the body's "alarm" system works. I have also subscribed to Geert's CD Program and it is clear that he has spent a great deal of time researching the emotional, physical and psychological factors associated with panic and anxiety. Anyone suffering from panic attacks would benefit from reading this book, listening to his CD program and putting into practice the techniques which he himself has tried and tested.

5.0 out of 5 stars panic attacks, 13 Dec. 2013
worth more then 5 stars an amazing book for anyone to read loved it, it was useful and helpful a must have for anyone who sufferes this dreadful illness

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book, 3 Jan. 2014
I have read so many books on anxiety and done the Linder method, but found this book Gave practical steps which the Linder didn't address such as how to approach relapse thoughts. I do feel one needs a combination of many techniques and this book is a little helper. Many thanks x

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 2 Feb. 2013
Well worth the cost. It was more helpful than other books I have read of this subject. Excellent value. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 31 May 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book as I could really relate to the author. It is well written, quick and easy to read and if you are living with anxiety and panic attacks I would recommend it. He states that he is not a professional counsellor or therapist but writes about how he managed to overcome his issues and I found that it helped me more because of that, his message gives hope to the reader from one sufferer to another. It may not be for everyone but it has helped me. I found his videos on youtube first which were really helpful which then led to me buying this book and in my eyes was money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book, 25 Sept. 2013
I chose this book as I was getting bad panic attacks
It helped me to see some light at the end of the tunnel
I would recommend it to anyone suffering from anxiety and panic attacks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›