4.0 out of 5 stars Great for boys
Published on 12 Aug 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
I think the subject of the book was generally a good idea and there are some pages that my 2 year old enjoyed when we read it together (ie the illustration of the bedroom with the toy dinosaur and robot etc in it) BUT I didn't like the way the theme developed throughout the book, or the style of language used.

In fact, its the first children's book that I've...
Published 12 months ago by Miss PMV Machin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for boys, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: I Sleep in My Own Bed (Paperback)
Even though this book is mainly aimed at boys, my little girl liked the funny places the boy decided he'd rather not sleep, including his brother's room, his sister's room, the garage, the laundry, MUM AND DAD'S BED (most important :-)) among others. It's very simple and quite funny but I did think that they little boy's posters of monsters might have been a problem for my little girl but she doesn't notice that in the book!
Great for getting your son into his own bed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: I Sleep in My Own Bed (Paperback)
This is a lovely book and i would recommend it - my son however is still reluctant to stay in his bed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Child moving into their own bed, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Sleep in My Own Bed (Paperback)
I bought this book for my grandson who is shortly to move into his first bed from a cot. It's a colourful, easy for him to understand and more, he loves it. The bed arrives in a few weeks so hopefully, the book has gone someway into moving him along. Out of all the books I considered, I am pleased I choose this book for him.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 17 July 2013
This review is from: I Sleep in My Own Bed (Paperback)

In fact, its the first children's book that I've purchased that I don't feel completely happy to read to my children. My 2 year old's older sisters (age 4 and 5) couldn't understand why the little boy's sisters would be described as "weird" or why the big brother's room "smells" and is "gross". They're too young to get the joke and they don't have any significantly older siblings. Also it talks about not sleeping in the "washer" or "dryer" because "it would make me very dizzy". There was a case in the news recently where a child suffocated hiding in a washing machine while playing hide and seek, and I was worried about giving my 2 year old any similar ideas so we skipped quickly past this page!

I ordered "A Bed of Your Own" by Mij Kelly at the same time. It is beautifully illustrated, very clever and encourages children to sleep in their own bed in a more sensible and entertaining way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but pricey, 12 April 2013
This review is from: I Sleep in My Own Bed (Paperback)
I bought this to try and encourage my two year old to start spending more time in his own bed rather than Mummy and Daddy's bed. It does seem to be working, although the book is a bit too American for my liking and there is a page with monsters on it that I skip ( I don't see the point in putting idea's in his head about monsters when he doesn't have any to start with) This book was a bit pricey so although it has been good overall, I don't think it really justifies the high price tag.

I Sleep in My Own Bed
I Sleep in My Own Bed by Glenn Wright (Paperback - 30 Aug 2010)
14.00