5.0 out of 5 stars Complex plot and beautiful descriptive writing.
Published 19 months ago by M. V. Quinn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I bought this book after reading some good reviews, but I'm afraid it wasn't for me, the stilted dialogue and slow plotline left me cold, and I really struggled to finish it. The writing is quite poetic and very descriptive, and I can see more readers enjoying it than not, but I'm afraid I wont be reading any more by Mr Quinn. really not to my taste
Published 2 months ago by K. Davies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex plot and beautiful descriptive writing., 7 May 2013
M. V. Quinn "vivienneq" (Dungannon UK) - See all my reviews
I generally avoid books about the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland since I have no desire to revisit what I lived through. However I had to give this book a go since not only is it set in the area where I live but I once taught the author. The book deals with the complex and still emotive issue of the role of the British secret services in Northern Ireland. The complex plot is a good as any thriller and allows the reader to see all of the protagonists as ordinary people who were snared in a very extraordinary situation and would ultimately pay the price for their actions. The book is set on the shores of Lough Neagh and this sets an almost ghostly atmosphere with constant wind and rain. The author's descriptive writing is his real strength and he is equally good at describing people and places. I look forward to Anthony's next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of seat read!, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Disappeared (Paperback)
I enjoy a good thriller and this certainly did not disappoint! Once I became familiar with each character I could not leave it down. The writer has such excellent descriptive language that I could visualise each scene easily. Each character was so believable and the twists to the story kept my imagination working overtime. Well done Anthony Quinn, it certainly did not read like an author's first book, more like a pro! So looking forward to the sequel, please keep them coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars disappeared anthony quinn, 20 Dec 2013
brilliant recommend tis book and author. my first read from this author. about a young lad looking for the grave of his father that was murdered by the ira. get this book to find how he locates the grave. brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 4 Oct 2013
a terrific book, well written , well researched . I have recommended it to friends and family.its been a long time since I enjoyed a novel set in NI so much

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, excellent, great book., 14 Oct 2013
The book starts with impact and the discriptions of the area the plot takes place in are so authentic, you are drawn in to the story very quickly. Spooky!

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 4 Oct 2013
Chose this book at random from some recommended titles.
It has proved to be an intersting and informative read.
Most enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappeared- Quinn please reappear!, 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: Disappeared (Paperback)
Disappeared
A must read! It is thrilling, engaging and edge of seat/bed reading! This books delves into the dark past of the troubles in Ireland yet is written in such a way that it would appeal to all crime readers around the globe! Great job Quinn- I know Celcius is good but make sure you don't disappear as I want to read more of your work!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Complex but compelling, 3 Oct 2013
Richard (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having followed the Troubles on the news for years as a young man and adult, this offered me some understanding and comfort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 29 Sep 2013
Hell of a read from begining to end and certainly a different take on the troubles.Could not put the book down a totally reccommend it to anyone looking for a good read and a great storyline

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Crime Story, 1 Sep 2014
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I love spending time with a crime thriller and when one brings history to which I’m familiar with to the fore as well as giving me a story that is not only dark but reveals a lot about the society to which it’s based all round gives me a story that I can really get my teeth into.

The prose is very sharp, the pace wonderful but it’s the way that the author brings the hidden elements of the history into the tale with clever use of dialogue and plot devices that really made this a book that I couldn’t put down. All round a cracking story and one that I’m definitely going to be championing for other crime fans to sit back with. Great stuff.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Disappeared
Disappeared by Anthony Quinn (Paperback - 24 July 2012)