5.0 out of 5 stars Your Consciousness Creates Your Experience of Reality,
This is apparently the first book Neville Godard wrote, and it is the first one of his books that I read. I very much enjoy reading books by all New Thought writers, and among them I tend to like Neville Goddard's books the best because his books seem to portray the best the idea of oneness.

The book "Your Faith is Your Fortune" deals primarily with Neville's...
Published on 18 Dec. 2011 by Laura De Giorgio

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (but good) by Neville
In this little book Neville expounds the same valuable truths as usual - imagine your wish fulfilled and you will obtain your desires. I.e. while in a meditative state visualize your desires and feel the feelings you would feel were your desires actually fulfilled.

Published on 2 Nov. 2009 by Iona Main Stewart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Consciousness Creates Your Experience of Reality,, 18 Dec. 2011
Laura De Giorgio "hypnotherapist" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The book "Your Faith is Your Fortune" deals primarily with Neville's interpretation of the stories from the Bible from the perspective of psychological transformation. In his view, the stories from the Bible have no historical value, but are all simply tools for inner transformation of the individual.

While I can't tell whether the stories mentioned in Bible and in other spiritual literature from around the world have historical value and to what extent, and while I totally agree that the main purpose of any spiritual book or story is to portray what goes on in a human psyche and to stimulate spiritual growth and transformation, I was amazed to what degree Neville went to interpret the symbolism used in the Bible from the perspective of inner workings of the mind.

Again, whether whoever originally composed those stories shared the Neville's view of the symbolism, it's hard to tell, but the interpretation he is using does make sense and is workable, if at times to me it seems somewhat strained as in interpreting the name of Jesus to French "Je Suis" - I AM.

Even though this book revolves around interpretation of the Bible and you may or may not care for the Bible, the main focus of this book is - how your consciousness creates your experience of reality. Every part of this books is trying to bring that idea closer to you, in very practical terms, looking at it from many different angles.

This book may also very much appeal to those who enjoy working with "I AM" Discourses, and here Neville appropriately points out that while this "I AM" consciousness creates reality, it is not enough to just say "I AM", but the attribute assigned to "I AM" must be experienced as subjective reality, in order to manifest in one's experience.

The essence of this book is that - "I AM" is unconditioned awareness [God of your being] which gives to you all that you are aware of being. To be aware of being or having anything is to be or have that which you are aware of being. Upon this changeless principle all things rest."

In the end you may want to read and re-read this entire book, or at least parts of it several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your faith is your fortune, 11 Oct. 2013
I found this book to be much more clearer than other books that I have read in this genre, and have now moved on to other books by this author. I highly recommend Neville Goddard's teachings to anyone who is aware that they create their own reality, but would like to know exactly how to get only the things that they desire.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same (but good) by Neville, 2 Nov. 2009
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

He sees the Bible as "a great psychological drama with all of its characters and actions as the personified qualities and attributes of his own consciousness" and amongst other things interprets Jesus' twelve disciples as representing "the twelve qualities of mind which can be controlled and disciplined by man."

If you are not particularly religiously inclined, the frequent references to the Bible may be somewhat offputting. But there is no denying the inherent truth of Neville's message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very close to Perfect.It knew about me before I knew!, 2 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
I am studying this form of thinking. I have read & studied the works of Emmit Fox, Ramond C.Baker, Eric Butterworth & many others..over the past 5 years and this book was a new key in the mystery I am trying to unravel! It probably wouldn't have been as profound had I not spent the other time learning what it took to understand the simplicity of this writing. Life always comes down to the individual,understanding ourselves. Thank-you /w

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes your breath away, 5 Jan. 2014
I never write any reviews but this book really does deserve one,
It's written so beautifully it takes your breath away and then leaves you to with the need to meditate and 're read an entire chapter,paragraph or quote again as you that you are reading a profound intelligent all knowing words of wisdom.
This book has awakened my soul of who I am and I am forever grateful thank you Neville Goddard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Your Faith is your Fortune., 24 April 2014
C. S. Bentham (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
I quite liked this book. and had been looking forward to reading it for some time as I had heard of Neville Goddard from a few different sources over the years. But found the books too costly. However I bicked up a bargin with this one so I was well pleased. though I have to admit it still left me wanting...

3.0 out of 5 stars Faith is your fortune, 14 Jun. 2014
It was an easy enough book to read - no particularly new ideas hence the average rating - worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Jun. 2014
Ok but not wonderful. Much like what has been written before by many other authors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth read it everyone, 22 April 2014
This book make you believe in somethings different that is amazing.And trust in your self.we should try to live in a different way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Mar. 2014
This is the most beautiful book I ever read in "new thought". I really recommend to everyone who love "new thought" to read it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Your Faith is Your Fortune
Your Faith is Your Fortune by Neville Goddard (Paperback - 19 May 2010)
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months