4.0 out of 5 stars The nitty-gritty, sugar-free unauthorised guide to Disney
This book or in my case Kindle download was downloaded whilst in a villa (sorry Leonard) and therefore offsite. I love America, Florida and off course Disney so read a lot of stuff, guides etc.

Published on 22 Dec. 2012 by S. L. Quinn

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother
This is aimed at the American market. I gave up after chapter 4. Was xpecting a bit of disclosure and gossip but only it hints on money saving ideas for americans.
Published on 9 Jan. 2012 by Lynne Hudson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 9 Jan. 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars What dark side?, 22 Nov. 2011
Had this book been written by an employee of Walt Disney talking about what really goes on behind the scenes then it would have been a great read, unfortunately it wasn't on both accounts.

I have seen more dark side coming from a lady bending down to tie her shoe laces than I managed to read in this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 27 May 2012
G. Hill - See all my reviews
There is no Dark side of this book just some stories of a Disney fan boy using the F word more than is necessary. Save your money and don't bother. I gave up after the Introduction and 2 chapters.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 2 Aug. 2012
Mrs. Rl Clark "rbccthorpe" (Sevenoaks, London) - See all my reviews
This book is beyond awful, it is just full of pathetic and embarrasing scams and says far more about the dark, sorry poor side of the author than anything it says about Disney

4.0 out of 5 stars The nitty-gritty, sugar-free unauthorised guide to Disney, 22 Dec. 2012
S. L. Quinn "Occasional Reviewer!" (Gateshead, Co. Durham) - See all my reviews

This one is to for the faint-hearted. It would probably upset a lot of UK visitors because it shows a more urban edge to the sugar candy coated experience most crave and experience. Please bear in mind some Disney visitors find the harmless Old Town at Kissimmee threatening so will probably be Apopleptic reading some of the escapades in this book.

It must be remembered the author visited Disney hundreds of times and eventually tired of it all - he did resin his love of all things Disney I later years though (hurrah).

Just take it with a pinch of salt and remember you do NOT have to follow his lead lol. Indeed he stresses several times and again at the end of the book not to do these things, but haven't we all wondered secretly about sharing tickets, do the finger testing really work? Are there cheap tickets, fast pass scams, ways to eat the queues, oops, I mean lines?

Ways to get free parking, all good - or bad depending on your viewpoint. I have annual passes so get free parking anyway. Basically any advantage or angle incorporating the good, (free food, drink and parking) the bad (sex in Disney) and the ugly (drugs in Disney?? - surely not)

As I say not for the fain thearted but an interesting take from a park veteran just looking to keep boredom at bay.

Just don't let the bairns read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars witty, informative and made me LOL in public, 14 July 2012
A. Wilson-suffield (UK) - See all my reviews
i REALLY liked this book. Although some parts of it were very detailed and a bit lost on me I found it a pleasant and very informative read! Even though i admit i wont be trying some of the 'TIPS' the book offers for fear of being caught and thrown out the parks themselves, the read is enjoyable and puts a whole new spin on what DISNEY has to offer. The book doesn't take itself too seriously and is very tongue in cheek. The writer has composed this book very well thru years of personal knowledge. I found this a very funny, witty and at some points LOL'd in public places while reading it so i would reccommend this book just for the giggles alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interesting for any Disney geek, 29 Dec. 2011
As an Orlando native and former employee of Disney, I still learned about a few things I didn't know about before read this book. I'm a huge Disney nut and consider myself to be somewhat of an expert. I was laughing at the stories, taking notes, and researching some of the funny links posted in the books. It only took me 2 hours to read and I already want to re-read it! The only problem was that he gives away too many secrets. I'm afraid Disney will read this and make changes to spoil the free fun for all of us locals! Great read:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent a must read for any Disney geek, 18 Aug. 2012
A Swaisland "scubahood" (Colchester, Essex) - See all my reviews
Being a huge Disney fan I was very curious of this book. After reading this book I actually managed to save money on my Disney tickets by using a website mentioned in the book. The stories featured in the book are hilarious and some of the exploits Leonard has gotten up to over the years are insane. All in all if you are a Disney fan you will enjoy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 14 Sept. 2011
Loving all things Disney and especially the behind the scence tell alls. This book was a great read. The writer is much more daring then I would be and his antics are something that some people would dream to do. Some tips are a huge money saver but make sure you dont boast about it on any of the Disney fan sites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 29 Aug. 2011
S Dockree (Great Yarmouth Norfolk) - See all my reviews
Great book, really enjoyed it. Being a Disney Fan i was looking forward to reading it and seeing the author'a experience doing things i wouldn't dream of as well as a sense of adventure. Definitely a different book than the normal Disney Park book, well worth the read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Dark Side of Disney
The Dark Side of Disney by Leonard Kinsey (MP3 CD - 16 July 2012)