Published on 22 Mar 2009 by Rebecca

3.0 out of 5 stars Course Text
This text was recommended for a course I am doing. It does a good job of bringing together qualitative and quantitative research methods and explains mixed methods approaches quite well.
Published 9 months ago by Owlet Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars An extremely valuable book to have by you when carrying out a dissertation project, 22 Mar 2009
Research Design by Creswell is a life saver for anyone who is starting to carry out research! It includes valuable step by step information to guide you through the process (from thinking up your idea to literature searching, designing your study and writing it up at the end). It also includes important points about what you need to include in a research proposal and the imperative ethical issues to you need to consider. This book is for all types of research design - quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods. I'm just starting out on my MSc. Dissertation in Psychology and already this book has been extremely helpful. I'm glad I have it for the rest of the journey! I fully recommend it to both undergraduates and masters students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my dissertation easier, 6 April 2009
Ms. C. L. Gibson "Carolina_lou" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Easily the most useful book I used for my undergraduate dissertation. So much so I recommended it to all my friends and lent it to others. It sets things out clearly and made things really easy to understand. Some areas were more in-depth than what a undergraduate needs, but what I did need to know I understood thanks to this book. A recommendation for any who is writing their dissertation!

4.0 out of 5 stars Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods Approaches, 27 Mar 2009
Henry Odeyinka (UK) - See all my reviews
Having been involved in quatitative research for a long time, I've always wanted to know more about qualitative research methods as well. This textbook provided the answers. A great book indeed

5.0 out of 5 stars V. useful book, 18 Feb 2012
A very important book for those who are writing master or Phd thesis. It covers the three research approaches with different examples. It helps students to understand how to choose the research methodology. But I think it lacks the discussion of research philosophy in more details.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 Feb 2013
nice book for researches and design especially for PhD students ,,, ,,, ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,, , , ..

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on basics of research proposals, 13 Feb 2011
Excellent book!
Easy to read, with clear and focused discussions.
Practical advice and guidance on the designing and writing of research proposals.
Certainly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Research Design (International Student Edition): Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches (Paperback)
An excellent book in research methodology. Covers areas in research approach and design. Would strongly recommend this book for researchers.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can only buy one research book...., 21 Jan 2014
Nancy Keranen (Puebla, Puebla Mexico) - See all my reviews
...this is the one I'd buy. I've been very fond of all of Creswell's books (and Creswell & Plano). They're probably the only research books that I consistently refer back to. They're excellent for graduate students also. This one has a particular focus on the research proposal but is also perfectly suitable for orienting the researcher in the three approaches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Course Text, 16 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 6 Aug 2013
V. Will (UK) - See all my reviews
My PhD supervisor recommended this book as a definite "one to read". Having said that, I've only had a bit of a quick look through it so far but it does look totally useful. It's much more 'accessible' than some of the other research methods books I've looked at and my supervisor really likes that it offers "templates" for your own writing - eg it actually says things like "The purpose of this research is to [insert your own words here]...". I guess if you use this sort of thing to inform your own writing, then it could be quite handy ;). I've not seen this in other research methods books, so it's a bit of an edge that it has.

Fairly expensive book, but I suppose they all are nowadays lol. Definitely useful though.