5.0 out of 5 stars Good to be back to school
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:24 Mins
I like the first Monsters Inc artbook and this one is great as well.

Published 13 months ago by Parka

3.0 out of 5 stars Geat!
I love Monsters University and I am really happy with the book. The drawings are really fantastic exactly what I pictured.
I just have one problem with my book and one page is the book is loose, it just falls out, which is a bit annoying, something probably went wrong with the binding. It's a bit sloppy.
Published 5 months ago by Eline

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to be back to school, 14 Jun 2013
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:24 Mins

I like the first Monsters Inc artbook and this one is great as well.

There are more character designs. Mike and Sully are still the main characters but you'll also some a few familiar faces in their younger self in college. The monsters come in different shapes, sizes and colours. They are in sports, partying, playing pranks and coming up with all sorts of mischief.

Since the film is about college life, you'll see more art of the Monsters University campus. When I think of monsters, I don't usually associate them with bright and cheery hilly campus, but that's what you get with a Pixar film. You have Mike and Sully jogging in the stadium at dawn with sun casting a beautiful warm glow. It seems there's always a colourful party going on somewhere. The campus has several buildings and the main one is the School of Scaring. You'll also see the dorm rooms, fraternity houses and areas of Monsters Inc that are not shown in the first film.

The interviews with the artists and staff provide some insight into the design of the film. They talk about the differences and similarities between the two films, such as the old school scaring technology that you'll see.

It's a great book with lots of beautiful concept art.

Be sure to check out the first Monsters Inc artbook as well, which was sold out and reprinted.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder varied art from a studio at the top of it's game., 1 Aug 2013
This review is from: Art of Monsters University hc (Hardcover)
As someone who buys a lot of these types of books I loved the different styles contained in this one. It's always nice to see artwork that doesn't all look the same, and this book is a good example of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book for a wonderful film!, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Art of Monsters University hc (Hardcover)
The book covers such a wonderful array of artwork from the Monsters University film,
Great for people who have a passion for concept art and character-design.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pixar quality still goes strong, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Art of Monsters University hc (Hardcover)
I am always interested in these books as it gives me an insight to the film when I see it. These books always come out before I get the chance to see them, however this has been the first book that I havw seen the film first. I will most definately recommend this book for the detail, which i always get from Pixar films.

3.0 out of 5 stars Geat!, 16 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME as usual, 20 Dec 2013
Miss Barnardo (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art of Monsters University hc (Hardcover)
Such amazing art work and insights into such a great movie.

Can you tell I'm a fan?

This book is a wonderful compliment to the film itself. If you've seen it, this will show you what goes into making something that beautiful!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Art of Monsters University hc (Hardcover)
I enjoyed the referencing from the art inside, it gives a new insight to the movie making and character creating side.
I really enjoyed it.

Art of Monsters University hc
Art of Monsters University hc by Karen Paik (Hardcover - 1 July 2013)
17.00