5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite
Published on 18 Jan 2012 by charlotte the harlot

3.0 out of 5 stars A book with some ideas
This is a nice read, with some things we may not actually think about in today's modern world. Not bad on the changing your lifestyle front.
Published 12 months ago by BH

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 18 Jan 2012
I received this charming little book as a Christmas gift and have since lent it to all my friends to read . It is a beautiful and accurate insight into the rarified life of a true Parisian family and their love of the good, yet simple things of life which rewards them with peaceful and gentle happiness. I would recommend this book as the perfect gift for the stylish woman who has everything - it is beautifully and sparingly written and the morale of the tale for me was that "less is definitely more".

5.0 out of 5 stars A real inspiration, 10 April 2013
This book really made me think about my outlook on life and my image. As a woman of a certain age I have been struggling with how to grow old gracefully, now I have a guide to confidence in who I am and how to move forward.
I have started to sort my wardrobe and the charity shop have really benefitted. To work on what nature has given me instead of wishing to be different is refreshing. Really feel this book has made a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely great read, 29 Nov 2012
Lovely book thoroughly enjoyed it. Very inspiring in fact ! Every girl should read it. I recommend this one to my 2 daughters in fact I simply must make sure that they will read it too. It is written in a simple and unpretentious way, and although I knew most of the advise it gives it is a pleasure to read and inspires you to be a bit like Madame C herself.
It is a great insight into French culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Souvenirs de mon enfance, 30 Dec 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Lessons from Madame Chic as so many details reminded me of my childhood in France: The meals lovingly prepared by Madame Chic, the simple elegance of her home, her shopping in the little shops in her neighbourhood. I felt real nostalgia, with each page. Jennifer has a real talent for bringing to life all her memories of her time in Paris chez la famille Chic. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to read it again....., 10 Nov 2013
I loved this book and have only just got round to buying it after following Jennifer's blog The Daily Connoisseur. It's just a super read and one that will inspire and delight, I loved the insights into Famille Chic's lifestyle and home. I was sad to finish reading it this Sunday afternoon in Edinburgh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book in the French Style genre., 7 Jan 2013
Good anecdotes and the author paints a beguiling picture of life chez Madame Chic.

A feelgood read that resonates well as an antedote for mass consumption.Its all about quality not quantity and I find that very refreshing,and encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air !, 14 Dec 2011
I was looking for a book that could just naturally grab me as soon as I picked it up I knew that I had found it. In fact, I couldn't put it down ! Written with élan and panache, I found Jennifer (the main character) innocently honest, charming and at times hillariously funny. An American girl in Paris, she draws you into her world and her experiences of traveling to Paris as an Exchange student and what she learns as she meets the characters (The beautiful Madame Chic and family). This book is a perfect pick-me-up with fashion advice and etiquette thrown in for free ! I think I am going to read it again !

5.0 out of 5 stars For inner quality, please read, 24 Sep 2013
i love the way the author using a comparison method of both french women with different style.
if does not fix the rule of how to be chic and elegant.
i found inner confident by applying some of the lessons in the book & have been re-reading all the time.
for someone like me who had just been torn down by a relationship, has always been too lazy to make beautiful, too lost for what beauty and confident means, this is a book that would shake u for a revamp

5.0 out of 5 stars simply so,so chic!, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris (Hardcover)
OH,this book is truly so chic.I could not put it down.Every chapter is informative and written beauterfully.It is a beauterful guide for todays woman to get insparation from simple everyday lifestyle tips.The author has put her style and tips as well as the wonderful people she had the pleasure of meeting and staying with in the wonderful city of paris.thank you jennifer[if i may be so bold] such a lovely book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanté de connaitre la famille Chic!, 12 Mar 2012
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this little book. After all, so many writers have tried to dissect what it is that makes the French so ..., well, French! What could a naive exchange student from LA have to say that was new?

However, Jennifer's fresh and open-minded approach to her time in Paris won me over and like the other reviewers here I found myself charmed. I think I personally would have wanted to slap Madame Chic's no-makeup, haute bourgeoise face at some time during the six months, but I am willing to learn from her - to the extent that we had a delicious 3(small)-course meal tonight with the best napkins and candlelight.

My husband would like to say "mille mercis" to Jennifer!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›