5.0 out of 5 stars heart of venom
I loved this book. It stands out as a great read on its own , but when you read the series it just gets better and better. You cant help but get into the characters life and willing her on. I can't wait for the next in the series to come out and all i have to say to anyone else who buys this series is enjoy
Published 15 months ago by Michele

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more focus or new story arc
Published 17 months ago by J. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more focus or new story arc, 12 Sept. 2013
J. Cooper "Jude" (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
Oh dear. I loved this series when it first emerged and for the first time I found myself rushing and a tiny bit bored at the same-ness of the plots. It's not bad but it's not as good as I have come to expect. It also felt like slightly lazy writing in that there was a repetition of expressions - the number of times someone would say something then it would say 'he said softly' or 'she said softly'. If I had £1 for every time this was written I'd be getting very rich by now!
I think this goes back to the time that Gin's 'former' assassin identity got known to everyone (well, except for all the baddies in this book); from then on, with Mab dead, the relationship with Bria sorted out etc it seems to have lost its way. I desperately want it to find it again but right now I'm enjoying the YA Mythos Academy series more than the Elemental Assassin.

5.0 out of 5 stars heart of venom, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin) (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Packed, 31 Dec. 2013
Another actioned packed, suspense riding, emotional roller coaster from Jennifer Estep.

This was a brilliant book in the series and my favourite book so far. Mostly we are told more about Jo-Jo and Sofia and the book mostly focuses on the past of Sofia and her nemeses Mr Grimes.

There is very little of Finn and Bria, but more of Gin and Owen together which is nice.

Its a dark road for an assassin, but there is nothing that Gin won't do for her family. Gin helps Sofia when she is captured again by the monster that took her all theses years ago and battles through high odds of surviving, however Mr Grimes and his sister still live.

Gin and her family make plans to face Grimes on their own turf and a battle ensues, where Owen shows he will do anything for Sofia and Sofia manages to battle her demon and come up the better.

Another compelling read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep, 28 Dec. 2013
Good story. I could not put the book down. I loved the series and would encourage others to read it, if you like Supernatural and fantasy with a bit of action added in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart of Venom, 26 Oct. 2013
Ms. C. Black - See all my reviews
Good read - enjoyable story line. I am an avid reader and this did not disappoint me at all. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Estep brings Gin back on track..., 20 Sept. 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After the lukewarm performance of the previous book in this series I am happy to say that both Gin and Estep have got their groove back.
After the unfortunate demise of Mab, Gin has been in dire need of a worthy opponent. The psycho sibling villain combo in this book fit the bill quite nicely.
Gin has to settle an old debt from the Fletcher's past. She gets all gung-ho and forest ninja to try and save an old friend.
I liked the fact that the author took Gin back to her feisty murderous self in this story. She doesn't spend an entire book wondering about Owen or beating herself up about killing Salina. Gin goes back to her old mantra of some people just deserve to die and she is the one that should help them on their way.
After all the hardcore Spider action I wasn't overly keen on the way the book ended, but who cares Gin got her groove back.
It is a Gin with a huge slice of humanity bouncing round inside her though and I wonder whether that will have some impact on her insect antics further on down the line.
A cracking read.
I received a copy of this book via Edelweiss courtesy of the publisher.

Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin)
Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin) by Jennifer Estep (Mass Market Paperback - 27 Aug. 2013)