4.0 out of 5 stars Gin does Die Hard the Elemental way...
I have to be honest I kind of miss big bad Mab. Things were so much more fun when Gin was always trying to find a way to slay that nasty piece of work. Gin needs another arch enemy asap.
Published on 27 Mar. 2013 by Cheryl M-M

3.0 out of 5 stars Going downhill
Please be warned that this review contains spoilers for the earlier books.

Published on 28 Mar. 2013 by Claire's Book Corner

4.0 out of 5 stars Gin does Die Hard the Elemental way..., 27 Mar. 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) (Mass Market Paperback)
Now you may wonder why I think that, well that's because I think there were far too many giants in this story. In fact the author seems to have forgotten that there are actally other supernatural beings or elementals who could serve as villains. It made this all a bit one-dimensional. It was just all a bit easy for Gin.
True it might have been because the whole scenario takes place in the space of one night, which I must admit is quite an interesting concept. Gin does her version of Bruce Willis in Die Hard.
Owen deserves a slap round the face with a wet kipper as far as I am concerned. Talk about being a drama diva. He needs to wake up and smell the roses before Gin moves on to greener pastures. In fact I think the author should introduce a new hot-blooded male, preferably dark and dangerous, to get her pulse racing and to make Owen reconsider his actions. Gin needs someone who will accept her regardless of the fact she might have to kill the odd ex-girlfriend of her boyfriend's. I mean that could happen to anyone right?
This did feel like an interim book. Sort of an in between morsel till the next. After the book with the epic showdown with Mab and Owen acting like a complete plonker, any book after that was going to have trouble living up to the hype. Not as strong as the previous ones perhaps, but one that fans will lap up anyway. I think Estep is keeping all her eggs in a basket for the next one in the series.
I received a free copy of this book via Edelweiss.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIN BLANCO one of the greatest modern heroines around today, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) (Mass Market Paperback)
Gin is having a night off, she's come to a fancy do at the local museum, showcasing her old nemesis mab's treasures all her closest friends and family are out with her, anybody who is anybody is there, it's the hottest ticket in town. She should be on top of the world, but due to the problems in her personal life she's feeling a bit down, added to which assasin's are still trying to collect the million dollar bounty on her head, so it's good to be able to relax among friends. But nothing is ever that simple for Gin, after paying a visit to the ladies room she comes out to find the power down all the doors and windows locked and all the guests (including her friends and family) being held hostage in the main showroom by a gang who state their intention to steal all the treasure from the museum they promise the hostages will be safe if they just co-operate, but as Gin knows they have already killed that promise does not give her much hope, good job she never goes anywhere without her knives. Time for the killing to start. As always with this series this book is well potted and written with great character development and suspense, i read it in one sitting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Going downhill, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) (Mass Market Paperback)
Please be warned that this review contains spoilers for the earlier books.

I used to love the Elemental Assassin series right up to book 6 By A Thread and then it all went downhill for me. Gin turned into what I call a charity assassin doing jobs for free, getting a conscience and events started to turn silly and irritate me like Owen splitting up with Gin. Really what was that all about? But I still think the biggest mistake in this series was killing Mab Monroe off. Ms Estep also started recapping the story over and over which was very annoying, something that still happens but occurs less in Deadly Sting.

Deadly Sting is a classic Elemental Assassin book with one storyline throughout however it also isn't very exciting either. There is a lot of killing but none of the inventive James Bond style murders that we once had. The plot was easy to figure out and to say that Gin is the best assassin around she can be so thick sometimes not seeing what is happening right in front of her eyes.

I don't know if I am going to carry on with this series. It is a shame after 8 books but my love affair with Gin is over. Ms Estep has to pull something incredible out of the bag for the next book to bring this back up to the standard it started out as. I am going to give Deadly Sting 2.5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars sassy female lead with gsoh, 2 May 2013
N. Fallon (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have loved all the books in this series!

Rather than telling you what the story's about (which you can read in the description and other reviews), I willtell you whyI like the whole series without exception; the lead character is a sassy woman with a great sense of humour, there are many engaging characters who again don't take themselves too seriously even when the situations they are put into could go that way. The books are well written and effortlessly take you off into another world with storylines which cross the whole range of emotions but ultimately leave you feeling that good will win over evil :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars were is my book???, 15 April 2014
honestly i would end up liking the book if amazon had deliver it,i order this book long time i can even prove it but yet i can't fine it on my kindle,my phone or even on my tablet .

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling read, 7 Feb. 2014
Another great spider story these books get better and better a first class edge of your seat ride.
Would recommend this series to all very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep, 28 Dec. 2013
Good story. I could not put the book down. I loved the series and would encourage others to read it, if you like Supernatural and fantasy with a bit of action added in.

4.0 out of 5 stars better than the last book, 18 May 2013
This book was much better than the last and kept at a constant fast pace until the last few chapters where it practically went at a snails pace.

Gin is back to being her bad-assed self with all the other characters practically only having cameo roles in this novel.

Fin is still being vain, the relationship between Bria and Gin is blooming and the relationship between Gin and Owen is still stagnant

There is not too much left unanswered in this novel, however there are a few loose ends that can tie into another book, like there should be in all good series.

Altogether i'm pleased that this book was so much better than its predecessors.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm really enjoying this series, 23 April 2013
From the start this series grabbed my attention not the usual 'chewing Gum' for the mind a lot of the fantasy books are, in this book from the action is fast paced and grabs your attention. Gin goes with her brother to a sale of Mab's treasures as usual she's been slightly set up, how is she going to survive this the odds are stacked against her. Followers will love this and I'm waiting impatiently for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to her usual standard...., 22 April 2013
I have read all the books in the series and this one did not let me down. If only authors could write as fast as we read. Can't wait for the next one.

Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin)
Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) by Jennifer Estep (Mass Market Paperback - 26 Mar. 2013)