‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a man but a Legend, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Captain Phil Harris: The Legendary Crab Fisherman, Our Hero, Our Dad (Hardcover)
Having watched Deadliest catch from the beginning I thought I knew Captain Phill Harris but having read this book I didn't know him at all, to read how he wasn't going to amount to much until he wanted to prove that he could make it as a fisherman to the point of going two years unpaid as a greenhorn that takes guts.

A fantastic read well worth the purchase of a Legend of the Berring sea

Sleep well Captain Phill you may be gone but your name will never be forgot

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Catch!, 28 Feb 2014
Before you read this review you need to know that I am biased. In other words if it had been about someone who I had never heard of I doubt I would have given it five star. After all would I really be that interested in reading about a crab fisherman?
However many moons ago I had got tired of my husband trying to persuade me to watch Deadliest Catch. To keep him quiet I decided to give it a go. Who would've thought that long after my husband has lost interest in it I would've been the crab fishing addict. So much so that if anyone had asked me to join their boat I would've said yes! (Er maybe not Keith's boat).
Anyway after a slow start ( crab fishing really isn't as exiting a read as watching it) I started to really enjoy the book.
Learning about Phil's father and meeting the famous Mary (mother to Phil's boys). All this time I had wondered why she had left such a lovely guy. After reading this book I am amazed she stayed as long as she did!
Then to read about the shocking way the boys had been treated by their step mother and the (not so) temporary loss of their own mother!
Really it's not surprising Jake turned to drugs. Though actually it would've been less surprising if Josh had.
Phil wasn't the best husband or father that's for sure. He certainly lived his life to the full, but the best description of him is on page 184. "Some people have got it," said Tony, and some people don't. Phil had it"

5.0 out of 5 stars great great book great great man, 30 May 2014
I have watched deadliest catch since it started, Captain Phil was always my favorite, cryed my eyes out when he passed away, this book that his boys put together is great, you get a bit more of a insight of Capatin Phil, it has it all funny, sad, and most of all it shows you just how much Captain Phil lived life to the full, Gutted he passed away, but this book is a brilliant read about a man and his love of life, fishing, and the people who were lucky enough to have shared them moments with him. Buy this book its a must.
God bless you Captain Phil. x

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book about a great captain, 27 May 2014
I liked the book overall, but I get the feeling that the "contributor" wrote the entire book and Josh and Jake probably didn't write any of this. That was disappointing, but the book is still a great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars captain phil harris, 16 Feb 2014
was a really good read the man is a legend have followed the series from the start long may it continue

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gift, 10 Jan 2014
A beautiful book about a great captain, makes a really good read or a great gift for anyone who follows deadliest catch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 8 Jan 2014
G. Johnson "George" (Canterbury, UK) - See all my reviews
Ties in nicely with the deadliest catch series that has been on Sky TV. Heart rendering story about a very brave ma and his two sons who go through some very painful experiences upon their fathers demise. Bought this as a present for a DC fan...well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 8 Dec 2013
I was surprised that Phil was such a bad boy when he was younger. This is a great read. The only thing I was not happy about, is that the book came to an end. I wanted to know more!!! A great way to celebrate a guy who was a great captain and crab fisher, maybe not so great a great dad and husband when his sons were young, but he tried to do his best. That second wife of his took ten years of his life, and she was horrible to the boys. When you want really want to know the guy we saw on TV, this is the book to read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for DEADLIEST CATCH fans!, 29 Nov 2013
Fast delivery, excellent condition, a personal insight into a crab fisherman with good photos. More appealing as it was written by Phil Harris son.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 14 Nov 2013
Loved this book. A real insight into the life of a great crab fisherman and his personal life and trials.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Captain Phil Harris: The Legendary Crab Fisherman, Our Hero, Our Dad
Captain Phil Harris: The Legendary Crab Fisherman, Our Hero, Our Dad by Steve Springer (Hardcover - 23 April 2013)