5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Buy
I bought this book as a fan of Mayim's but on reading it discovered that all the choices we made over the last 2 years as new parents actually made us AP parents. Its not a "you need to do this and that" type of book. It is a "this is what worked for us take what you need" type of book.
Published on 26 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet but...
I bought this a year ago and Mayim has since divorced her husband which is interesting as while I was reading it i remember thinking I wonder when she finds time for him! Although Mayim claims her divorce has nothing to do with her parenting lifestyle, I am sceptical especially as through the book she admits her husband isn't as into some aspects as she is but goes along...
Published 8 months ago by Miss Danielle A Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Buy, 26 Jun 2012
Being a neuroscientist helped Mayim explain exactly why she was doing what she was doing and what effect it had on the hormones. I didnt do everything she did in the book but it just reiterated that the choices we made were perfectly natural.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way (Paperback)
This book is the best parenting guide I have ever read, and I've read a fair few!! It's so easy to read, there aren't long case studies, every suggestion is backed by evidence in language easy to understand, I think this book would be perfect for those expecting a baby right up to parents with older children, my children are 3 and 6 and I have got lots from it, I just wish I had found it sooner. Cannot recommend it enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars New mommy, 11 Dec 2013
While I was buying every book under the sun, this was recommended to me as a friendly and scientifically backed view of attachment parenting. A very interesting read it doesn't try and push this particular style on to you and you can see the consequences on existing children. Very good for people who like evidence and research and a dash of personal experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended read for parents who care!, 4 May 2013
Mayim provides a very accessible account of her and her husbands take on attachment parenting with their two boys! Non- judgemental nor prescriptive or instructive; this book provides a warm, humorous and encouraging prose for those who lean towards an attachment parenting style!

5.0 out of 5 stars good imaginative useful gift, 28 Mar 2013
This book was an excellent present for new parents who have been given everything else they need - they loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars i wish there were more stars to give, 24 Mar 2013
Im gonna be honest here: i dont really like her as an actress. But the book she wrote: LOVE it. Well researched, not too pushy, well written, funny. Excellent read on attachment parenting, I really hope more and more people will buy this book and read it. This book is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, informative and funny, 20 Jun 2012
Over the last year I have bought a lot of parenting - particularly attachment style - books in a hope to give my child the best possible start in life. This book is brilliant, it is so well written. She is matter of fact and funny at the same time. I found myself nodding and agreeing with everything she wrote about. It is a lovely book for reminding yourself why you have chosen a tiring but extremely rewarding style of parenting. It also threw up lots of questions from baby wearing, and co-sleeping to baby healthcare and vaccines. It's comforting hearing a personal story that I can completely relate to and knowing that I'm not the only one doing this. She has witty comments for any cynics you might come across and has done so much research. Coming from a scientific background made me feel comforted that she is an expert in her field. Having done all the research for us it is brilliant that she has collated it into one place.

A heartwarming, excellent book which I cannot recommend enough. I also found Attachment Parenting, Three in a bed, Continuum Concept, unconditional parenting, and anything by Dr Sears and John Holt really helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very honest and reassuring, 29 July 2014
FM Douglas (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Very honest, warts and all, experiences of attachment parenting. Also not dogmatic, but clear that parents need to do what they are comfortable with. Personally I agree entirely that attachment parenting not only 'feels' right but now has the research to back it up, though our consumer culture does not in any way value that, so it can be a battle, but one that is worth the struggle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very down to earth, simply speaking from her own ..., 13 July 2014
Very down to earth, simply speaking from her own experience - unlike a lot of the so-called "experts", Mayim just speaks my language!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great read, 27 Jun 2014
It's great to read about an mum sharing her way of parenting, you might not agree with it all but also you might pick up some things that are new to you and you like the sound of. My book has been passed around a few mummy friends and no one is yet to say they thought it was bad, everyone has felt drawn to different aspects of her style. I really enjoyed it!