5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful and compelling read
Published on 30 April 2012 by R. Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Kennedy and me
Have wanted to read this book for a long time. Disappointed in it a bit. Too sweety sweety. Jackie Kennedy comes over as a saint along with her husband and we know this is not the truth. A bit phoney. Service from Amazon excellent.
Published 4 months ago by Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars An insightful and compelling read, 30 April 2012
R. Ross (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on a whim after reading about it in a newspaper. I am in my mid-30s so am not one of these people that can say "I remember what I was doing on that day" but lke most people I have seen that awful footage of JFK's assassination many times, and watched Jackie Kennedy climb onto the rear of the car and see a Secret Service agent run towards her. The chance to read an account of that day by that Secret Service agent was what made me buy this book, and I was not disappointed. I won't lie, I bought it to read Clint Hill's account of that fateful day but fom start to finish it gives you an amazing insight into the life of one of the worlds most famous women. I genuinely could not put it down and loved every page. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clint's story - at long last. Well worth the wait, too., 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me:: An Intimate Memoir (Hardcover)
Clint Hill's memoir has been a long time coming but now it has arrived, many will be delighted - I certainly am.

Following on from Rufus Youngblood (in 73) and Gerald Blaine (in 2010), Hill recounts his life and work on the White House Detail.

Assisted -as Blaine was - by Lisa McCubbin, Clint Hill manages to steer the delicate line between discrete anecdote and gossip-mongering.
Much of the narrative has the definite feel of feminine input. Many of the observations about Mrs. K's wardrobe are far too astute to have been made by Clint Hill, I'm sure.

Hill's devotion to his charge is evident from first to last and the fact that he and Mrs. K managed to retain an entirely professional relationship throughout their time together speaks very well of both parties.
Like Mrs. K, Hill, was seldom at home and the impact of his absence from his wife and children can only really be guessed at. His mention of them is infrequent throughout the book and, the reader is rather left with the feeling that Clint simply doesn't want to discuss this aspect; which is entirely understandable.

The book turns from fairy-tale to nightmare with the assassination in Dallas. The authors devote three chapters to this pivotal moment in history; `Preparing For Texas', `That Day In Dallas' and 'Parkland Hospital'. These pages offer Hill's perspective, of course, and they mesh with and add to the recollections of so many others.
It makes for pretty grim reading and, I would hope, Clint Hill may have found it cathartic.
The book does contain a rather alarming factual error that, I fear, conspiracy buffs will have a field-day with. I won't say what it is, though. The buffs like to think of themselves as `researchers', so they can go and find it themselves.
I suspect that either Hill or McCubbin `compressed' the chronology of certain events and may have appended later information onto an earlier scenario in which the information was, at that time, unknown.

With the death of JFK countless lives were changed forever. Clint Hill was one of the many.
The book moves rather mournfully, as one would expect, to Mrs. K eventually leaving the White House and restarting her life again.

On page 131, he writes, "So, that's how I ended up spending the night at the home of Princess Irene Galizitzine. My life had been one adventure after another. It sure was a long way from the North Dakota Children's Home [where he was brought up] to the residence of a princess on the Isle of Capri. I felt like the luckiest man in the world."
That was in `62. Oswald would be waiting and hiding little more than a year from then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Kennedy and me, 19 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me (Paperback)
A great insight to the FBI agents life, I enjoyed reading this book about Jackie Kennedy, such a sad end

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent yet harrowing, 11 Jan 2014
This book shows the life and tragic times of the kennedys and mrs Kennedy in particular but oh so much more it goes beyond the public events and captures the living reality of the family. Moreover the book shows the pain and anguish of clint hill - how he managed to continue is amazing - reading the book I fell into a deep depression at the sorrow and grief amidst the fame and privilege - I have read many books re JFK but this one brings it painfully home.
There is another book in here - please clint write it - the emotional journey that has obviously continued throughout your life, the haunting memories, the emotional toll? Clint was part of it yet untill now could not express it.

Please read this book but be prepared for its bitter message.

For what it's worth my utmost regards to the Kennedy Detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and read, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me:: An Intimate Memoir (Hardcover)
A good and well written book.

You get a personal insight into the Kennedy years.

Well worth getting / reading !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me (Paperback)
It was an informative book, written with compassion by a man clearly enthralled to be serving the late Mrs. Kennedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars very engrossing, interesting read, 31 Aug 2013
Angela Anderson (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me (Paperback)
This story from Clint Hill has been long awaited for, the 100% he gave to his job as the Secret Service agent assigned to Jacqueline Kennedy's safety throughout the White House years. Lots of details on various trips and people that he met, he had deep respect and admiration for Jackie at all times and was always professional. The dreadful days in Dallas were handled very well and is engrossing to read about. Fantastic read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book!, 2 Aug 2013
I have read so many Kennedy books and loved them. It was great to hear Clint Hills version after reading his name so often. A lovely book without being intrusive to Jackie Kennedy.
Well done Mr Hill .

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Mrs. Kennedy and Me (Paperback)
I took this book on holiday and it was a really interesting read. For anyone who is interested in the 'celebrity' of the Kennedy's then this is the book for you.

Mrs. Kennedy and Me:: An Intimate Memoir
Mrs. Kennedy and Me:: An Intimate Memoir by Clint Hill (Hardcover - 10 May 2012)
14.11