5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start for us all...
Published on 18 April 2012 by JW

3.0 out of 5 stars A book to liberate her sole from the past
This is a narrative from the author' s feed back received by publishing her earlier book. It covers a range of distorted cultural diversities under the banner of Islam in different parts of the world. Ebne Battuta had also wrote similar stories about the Islamic world when he traveled in 13th Century.
The heart of Irshad's story is the description of how her mental...
Published 22 months ago by J. Hashemi-tafreshi

3.0 out of 5 stars A book to liberate her sole from the past, 10 July 2013
J. Hashemi-tafreshi "Pocillovist" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
The heart of Irshad's story is the description of how her mental journey that she went through helped her to purify her mind and liberate her sole. She concludes that all Muslims should liberate themselves in the same way by ignoring their restricting cultures of mosque and their deviant Mullahs. As Budha said they should make themselves islands and be wise and ask question rather than sheepishly follow. Lots of emotion and passion.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start for us all..., 18 April 2012
JW (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I wasn't sure what I was going to get with this book as I've not read the other book (The Trouble with Islam Today: A Wake-Up Call for Honesty and Change) by Irshad and I've never really taken any notice of the reform movement, at least until now. I'm very, very glad that I bought this book because it's well written and thought provoking and perhaps most importantly it draws attention to the very real reform movement. As someone who bought into the conservative Muslim bandwagon and then promptly fell off, this is precisely the sort of thought that I have been looking for.

If you're offended by the idea of reforming Islam then read this book and engage with the ideas it raises instead of just dismissing it offhand. Then, we can meet over a cup of chai (recipe included in the book btw) and discuss. If you're not offended then the same applies; basically buy this book, think for yourself and drink tea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
Hugh de Saram (Wiltshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Allah, Liberty and Love: The Courage to Reconcile Faith and Freedom (Paperback)
A work of passion, courage and vision: bravo!

Allah, Liberty and Love: The Courage to Reconcile Faith and Freedom