4.0 out of 5 stars I want my own Myles!, 4 May 2013
C. Halford "Rookie Romance" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen) (Mass Market Paperback)
I'll admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for the trope of childhood friends marrying, and falling in love, and The Marrying Season nails it perfectly.

This is the third book in the Legend of St. Dwynwen trilogy, and it acts as a stand alone book perfectly well. I've not read the previous two, but that wasn't a problem. I never felt lost in a back story I didn't understand.

When Genevieve is caught in a situation that appears rather scandalous, though she is an innocent victim, her fiance callously rejects her publicly- ruining her in the progress. Luckily the gallant Sir Myles steps in to save the day. Myles is Genevieve's brother's old friend, and he has known Genevieve since they were children.

Genevieve is known as an ice princess and has a cold, haughty demeanor but it's because she's shy and awkward around people she doesn't know well. I related with Genevieve, and was cheering her on as she embarked on her marriage with Myles. At first she doesn't want to marry Myles because she doesn't wish to hurt him in the long run, but once they're married he awakens a passion in her she didn't realise she had.

Myles was absolutely perfect, I want my own Myles! He's handsome, funny, kind but also protective and strong. He's always desired Genevieve, but pushed it aside knowing she would never be his. But now that she is, he's determined to make theirs a real marriage.

The chemistry between Myles and Genevieve was red hot! She was so endearing in her innocence when they were married. Although Genevieve is pretty stubborn, and she mentions often that she has the heart of a Stafford. They had such an idyllic time once they were married and out of London, but things go downhill between them when they return. Misunderstandings and stubbornness abounds. Genevieve presents an indifferent manner when they argue, but inside she hurts. I just wanted to sit them both down and make them talk to each other honestly, half the time!

I really enjoyed this book, and I thought Genevieve and Myles were a perfect match! I'll definitely be reading the first 2 books as soon as I can get my hands on them.

*I received an eARC from the publisher via Edelweiss, for my honest review.

Originally published at The Rookie Romance Blog

4.0 out of 5 stars The Marrying Season, 18 Aug 2013
Janet Farrell (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This was a present for a friend. She always enjoys Candace Camp and this was no exception to the rule.

The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen)
The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen) by Candace Camp (Mass Market Paperback - 23 April 2013)
4.82