Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 May 2013
This book consists of two parts.

One is a short novel which fills in the story of Queen Elizabeth's father Roger III. This is a pretty feeble novel, more like a fictionalized documentary of facts already contained in the novels. It lacks all tension and adds nothing to them.

The rest is a collection of histories about the main planets and their navies. There are a few ancient facts included that are not in the main saga but in my view none increases our insight.

I'm as big a fan of the technicalities of space navies as anyone and admire unconditionally how Weber has managed to string out such as series of battles across time and space without tedium. So I was expecting a series of Eagle style cutouts and lots of details. All we get is pretty coloured pictures of various unit badges and the like and tiny sketches of the ships.

AS big disappointment but worth it for the completist like me
on 3 September 2013
I am always a bit wary of the Honorverse series as opposed to the pure Honor Harrington books but this one is good and worth reading.
on 7 May 2015
Totally disappointing.
Just a collection of bits and peices with some of the bits repeated.
Do NOT waste your money.
on 1 April 2014
Never let's me down ever always worth reading a galaxy full of good people u like to read about and see win just
on 10 March 2015
Disappointed, expected it to be more of a collection of short stories and geekish stuff.
on 7 July 2014
Lots for the techie less story for those who like that aspect
on 18 January 2016
Usual DW. Good characcters, good story line.