5.0 out of 5 stars Great Author
Published on 4 July 2012 by Lucy

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lady's Lesson in Scandal
Published 17 months ago by Toodles Book Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Author, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Lady's Lesson in Scandal (Mass Market Paperback)
I wasn't sure about buying this book based on the desciption. It's a brilliant and enjoyable book though. I've enjoyed several of this authors books and she seems always able to create a new and fresh story. The h&h both seemed separately very lovable, and the dynamic between them was electric from word go. The heroine particularly was inspired. I think often when authors try and write a strong no nonsense lead female they can appear quite annoying. This heroine was superb though, she was really funny and sharp and very likable. What really made the book for me though, was this authors obvious love of language. Even when the characters (or maybe especially then) were talking dirty, you got the impression the author was having so much fun and bringing you along for the ride. This is the kind of author that shows that romance writers can write! I will definitely continue to read this authors works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Mederith Duran, 4 Jan 2012
D. Phillips (UK) - See all my reviews
I have to say that I'm hooked on Meredith Duran books. Some of them are better than others. I enjoyed this book but it wasn't my favourite. Nell's character was a little bit irratating at times and the hero lack-lustre. That might be just me, I do like an alfa male! Nevertheless the story is well told, the plot convincing and the characters had depth, the intimate scenes as always great. If you are new to Meredith Duran, read Duke of Shadows first but you'll enjoy all her novels and hopefully she'll keep them coming!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lady's Lesson in Scandal, 2 April 2013
I've been wanting to read a Meredith Duran book for a little while, but was a tad disappointed. It was slower that I thought, some of the background layer didn't quite gel and left me confused about exactly what time frame it took place in (i.e. carriages, electricity, factory girls). Again, with a lot of authors not from UK there was the use of wording that would not apply here - sorry, that is just an irritant to me, not anything against the author. I am also not convinced that the title was a good choice, as there wasn't much scandal contained between the covers of either the book or the sheets!!

I liked the book, I did not love it. A 3 star read, and I will try again with another of her offerings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual heroine, 7 May 2013
I'm very rarely disappointed by Meredith Duran and this was no exception. It was an interesting twist to have a heroine brought up in the slums and working for her living. As for the hero - he was sexy and wholly loveable.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Lady's Lesson in Scandal (Mass Market Paperback)
i really enjoyed this one the hero comes across as a very yummy strong male as does the heroine and you have to feel for her but i wish she didnt continuously blame the hero for all the wrongs in the world and he was nothing but patient and understanding she harped on about her life being poor as if it was his fault and continuously doubted him and though all their dialogues were sensual and great to read the last one left me wondering if he had given up on her or just about had enough and she though strong throughout in that last dialogue sounds needy and childish but a great read overall

Lady's Lesson in Scandal
Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran (Mass Market Paperback - 25 Jun 2011)
5.22