4.0 out of 5 stars excellent holiday read
I was so excited about the next installment of the Immortals After Dark series and I have to say 'Untouchable' by Kresley Cole did not disappoint. Kresley manages to make Murdoch the player sweetly sexy, and Daniela's character one emphasises with (which is pretty impressive I initially thought I'd be thinking "shut up wingeing about not being able to make skin...
Published on 26 Dec 2009 by Ms. C. M. Hughes

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends what you like...
I think the Immortal After Dark series is amazing, and was really looking forward to this one, but I found that for me personally, I just couldn't warm to Murdoch and so didn't enjoy it overall as much.

This could well be because I have already given my heart to Sebastian (as soon as he dumps Kaderin natch), but I just found Murdoch annoying and seriously...
Published on 19 Nov 2009 by Lady Amalthea

4.0 out of 5 stars A wintery read, 26 Dec 2011
C. Manning (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark 8) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book combines stories from two of my favourite paranormal romance authors Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter. Kresley Cole's Untouchable fits into her Immortals After Dark series (the first book is A Hunger Like No Other) and Gena Showalter's Tempt Me Eternally is part of her Alien Huntress series (the first book is Awaken Me Darkly).

***Untouchable by Kresley Cole***

Daniela the Ice Maiden is widely known among the Valkyrie for being untouchable. As the daughter of the Queen of the Ice Fey, Danii's skin is ice cold and literally burns with any contact with warmth. Murdoch Wroth is a vampire most known for his human exploits as a warrior and ladies man. When a chance meeting results in his heart beating for the first time in three hundred years Murdoch knows he will stop at nothing to claim the untouchable Daniela.

This story is the reason behind my purchase of this anthology. Dani has been mentioned in several previous books and I was excited to learn more about her, and Murdoch is the last of the Wroth brothers to get his own story. I'd heard that this is supposed to fit between books 8 and 9 (Kiss of a Demon King and Pleasure of a Dark Prince) of the Immortals After Dark series, but it actually runs concurrently with the prequel novella in Playing Easy to Get and first four books. This gives a bonus of additional action, added to by the pursuit of Danii by the brutal Ice Fey.

I really enjoyed the story and loved getting to know more about Danii. It was also fun to get a different perspective on previous events although I found myself a little lost at times as not only has it been a while since I first read the books, I've also never read the prequel featuring Nikolai and Myst. I was pleasantly surprised by the duration of the story as many anthologies just feature insta-love whereas this is set over more than a year. The storyline is well thought out and I enjoyed the steady development of both the relationship and Danii's true nature. All in all, this is a great book that is a must read for IAD fans.

Plot: 9/10; Characters: 9/10; Ending: 9/10; Enjoyment: 8/10

***Tempt Me Eternally by Gena Showalter***

Aleaha Love can take the identity of anyone she chooses just through touching their skin. Her latest identity is Macy Briggs, an AIR (alien investigation and removal) agent. Her latest mission is to capture a group of otherworldly warriors but when her team is captured by the aliens Aleaha finds herself tempted. The alien commander Breean can see through Aleaha's disguise to her true form and his seductive nature means for the first time the only skin Aleaha wants to inhabit is her own.

While I have read some of Gena Showalter's books, her Alien Huntress series is completely new to me. That combined with the fact I rarely read anything even vaguely sci-fi meant I was more than a little apprehensive about this story. This falls between the fourth and fifth (Seduce The Darkness and Ecstasy in Darkness) books in the series, which does show in the novella. I felt like I'd been dropped in at the deep end as although some key events are mentioned, the backstory is rather brief.

The majority of the plot revolves around the romance between Aleaha and Breaan, and I was disappointed that more attention wasn't paid to the broader story. I found Aleaha's gift fascinating and I really enjoyed the glimpses into her backstory. Breean was well developed and again had a fascinating backstory. The problem is that there is a lot going on while the focus of the story remains in the bedroom. I'd have loved to have known more about what was going on with the prisoners, the evil Schon queen and the AIR so while I was disappointed in this story, I'll probably read more from this series in the future.

Plot: 7/10; Characters: 7/10; Ending: 7/10; Enjoyment: 6/10

*********************************************************************************************************

All in all, this is a fun read that I'd recommend for the authors' existing fans.

Average plot: 8/10
Average characters: 8/10
Average ending: 8/10
Average enjoyment: 7/10
Cover: 9/10

Overall: 40/50

4.0 out of 5 stars Deep Kiss of Winter, 27 Sep 2011
I bought this for Kresley Cole's Untouchable - part of the Immortals After Dark series and was very happy with it. I hadn't read any of Gena Showalter's books before, and really enjoyed it. Bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawt but giggle worthy at the same time..., 7 Aug 2011
I have quite a few of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series, as I love how she tells the story about the main characters, but also weaves in sub plots from other characters that link across the whole series.

I'm into Vampire stories at the moment (huge Twilight and Team Edward fan) so this was especially appealing. I've read about the other Wroth brothers finding their mate, so I really wanted to close the circle, so to speak. A bit predictable, but still a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kresley does it again...!!, 13 Mar 2011
Kresley Cole just gets better and better, how does she do it ? phew this is the best series I,ve read so far. Plz PLz Plz keep up the good work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 6 Dec 2010
I have resisted this book for some time. I love Kresley Cole and especially the Immortals After Dark Series and I do like Gena Showalter and her Lords of the Underworld series. What put me off was that the Gena Showalter story included here was from her Alien Huntress series and I just can't get excited about aliens. I caved mainly because I wanted to read the Kresley Cole story.

Kresely Cole story: I would suggest that you need to have read at least the first 3 or 4 of the Immortals After Dark series and especially the short story in Playing Easy to Get in order to get the most from this story. It can stand alone but I wouldn't personally reccomend that approach. This story is Daniela the Ice Maiden's. She cannot be touched because any heat direct to her skin causes excruciating burns. How then, is she to cope with the fact that she is a vampire's bride; when he must touch her or be in excruciating pain himself? That problem is in addition to the fact that she is also fending off members of her own race who are trying to assassinate her for a crown that she doesn't even want.
This is up to the expected high Kresley Cole standard and fits nicely with her other stories in the series. I really enjoyed it.

Gena Showlater story: I had low low expectations of this but I was surprised! The story is about Breanna who is hiding among special forces, wearing someone else's body and appearance. In an operation gone wrong, she finds herself captive to a group of peaceful aliens trying to resurrect their own race and avoid the disease that decimated them in the first place. How can she go about resisting the infinite charms of the alien leader whilst freeing her associates, keeping her identity hidden and without endangering the peaceable aliens that have captured her? This story had plenty of action and plenty of sizzle too.

I enjoyed this book much more than I thought and I would recommend it to fans of either author because both of the stories are of good quality. It bodes well for a collaboration that seems to be coming up between Cole's Immortals series and Showalter's Underworld series featuring Nix and Torin...

4.0 out of 5 stars Deep Kiss Of Winter, 1 Nov 2010
Mrs. Elizabeth J. Wooderson "Liz" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
I only bought the book for the Kresley Cole story, it was to her usual standard, but it was a shame it was with another story, I am not too fond of Gena Showalter, I always think I would like her stories, but find them a bit too involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's hear it for Vamps, 20 Jan 2010
K. Creech "screech1" (Wilts, England) - See all my reviews
I just love the vampire genre of novel, and this one certainly does not disappoint. A red blooded tale of love conquers all

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Anthology, 25 Dec 2009
It was a good story from Kresley Cole, I loved the story as I love the Wroth brothers. But as it often happens with anthologies, the second story didnt reach me. I felt like the book was overpriced because of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 17 July 2014
Love this book, the whole look of the icey body of the front cover, truly a gem in my collection and fantastic read ;)

2.0 out of 5 stars Deep Kiss left lacking, 11 Dec 2009
Having dutifully waited for Miss KC's next instalment of immortals after dark like a puppy begging for crumbs, I know a little sad! but Miss Coles writing style appealed to me from the very first. Definately a first class writer, her books are so full of amazing people (characters) action packed, funny stories that leave you laughing out loud, crying and even cringing at some point so it's no wonder I fell in love with her works, I even preach about her books and have converted a few so it comes as quite a heart breaking dissapointment that Miss KC failed to deliver, to do justice to the story of Murdoch and the Ice fey. I feel saddened by the lack of context in this story. Murdoch was turned into a mere mortal and found to be lacking and his Ice fey Valkeryi came up empty, her tale should have been so scorching hot she could burn you but instead she turned out to be just cold, frostbite cold. The story line started of well with Miss KC bringing together other storys as told before this book, all the brothers coming together at some point in time, even Nix was mentioned all be it an extremely small part for a larger than life character the back bone and connection to all these amazing characters and their stories.

I felt that this was Miss Coles chance to delve more into the realm on sensuality, mental connection,expand on getting to know each other. As two main characters unable to touch driven by need to be together I mean the answer was always in her blood which was quite obvious as he is a vampire but theirs was just skimmed over so quickly you don't get a chance to develop a relationship with the characters, Murdoch is left being portrayed as well.. a plain old man and not extrodinary in any way as all the brothers have been. Take for example (Dark needs at nights edge)it epitomizes everything that Murdochs story should have been full of larger than life characters with insane ideas, mad emothions driven by need enjoy each other anyway anyhow and a sensuality so deep it just ozzed out as you read from from each page. Im afraid its another rush job like Kiss of a demon king, I truly am hoping that we shall be 3rd time lucky with Ms Cole's next instalement.

Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark 8)
Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark 8) by Gena Showalter (Mass Market Paperback - 10 Jan 2011)
4.79