5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Much better than Gemma Halliday!!
Published on 22 May 2011 by A.B.

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit 'hyper' and unbelievable
I felt this book was almost a copy of the Sue Grafton alphabet novels, with a female PI who had police connections, but on speed!

As the plot has already been discussed I won't repeat it here. I found the stupid names given to characters almost enough to put me off reading the book. Surnames such as Fetucinni and Fandango and Christian names Sally and Tracy...
Published on 7 Aug. 2012 by pollyanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Much better than Gemma Halliday!!, 22 May 2011
I wanted to read this series after seeing it described as being similar to Gemma Halliday's 'High Heel Mystery' series. I've only just discovered the chick lit/murder mystery genre and I am now a big fan. I read Gemma Halliday's entire series really quickly and thoroughly enjoyed it so I was a bit worried that I'd be disappointed with 'The Fashion Police' and that I'd see it as a weak immitation. Well I am pleased to say this book far surpasses the High Heel Mystery series in my opinion. Yes there are several similarities between the heroines in each series, but Amber Fox is just fabulous and this book was brilliant. It was fun, sassy, fast paced and laugh out loud funny in so many places. Plus, the mystery element was really well written with several twists and turns so the reader didn't guess the ultimate conclusion until it was revealed, which cannot be said for the High Heel Mystery series. I can't wait to read the sequel (Be Careful What You Wish For (Amber Fox Mystery)) and I hope to see many more in this series- long live Amber Fox!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny funny funny!, 21 Aug. 2011
This is the first of the Amber Fox 'chick-lit' mystery series.

I read these out of order but as it happens each of them can be read as stand-alone stories. This is a very funny book. Amber Fox has been thrown out of the police force and is now working for her ex-fiancées insurance company. There are four cases to be sorted out, one of which involves a high profile fashion designer. All the cases end up being linked in ways you would never imagine. Amber seems to lurch from misadventure to comic misadventure, somehow maintaining dignity and sanity. She is chased by the mob and is in love with two men. Whoever said life was easy?

I found this very funny. There were some laugh out loud moments. I implore anyone reading this to have some tissues handy, you will need them after laughing so hard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by it's cover (or title in this case), 14 Oct. 2011
I was not sure if I really wanted to read this book. I was put off by the title but with so many stars decided to read the reviews. The reviews did it for me (they can't all be wrong) and this book really has lived up to what was being said. I really loved this quirky mystery. The characters good,the twists and turns good,the humour good,the story line good, if fact so good stayed up til 3.15 am to finish it. Disappointed,well yes. Disappointed it had finished because just wanted to keep reading. Downloaded the next one to my kindle in the dead of the night. Be Careful What You Wish For (Amber Fox Mystery) Just can't wait to start reading Ambers next adventure. Also agree with other reviewee's that this would make a great film or mini series.Highly recommended. Get that pen out Sibel and continue with your great story writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 10 April 2012
Really great, loved it:) Best series I have read so far. Beautifully written, great mystery with lots of twists and turns, you never know whats going to happen next! Lots of great romance too, a great novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 5 Mar. 2011
I started this book this morning and have not long finished it. I enjoyed it from start to finish.
I adore Stephanie Plum and this did have a similar feel, although Stephanie is now getting tired, so long live Amber Fox. I am really looking forward to reading more Amber Fox Murder Mysteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comedy/mystery, 8 Aug. 2011
I was looking for a fun mystery and The Fashion Police was a perfect fit. Amber Fox is funny, but not to the point where it's slapstick, and she's stuck with a job she didn't quite want after being forced to leave the police force. She's bright, capable, and a good investigator, so when a straight-up insurance query ends up with murder and mob mayhem, Amber ends up in the thick of it, backed up by two yummy guys - her policeman boyfriend, Romeo, and her boss/ex-SAS/ex-fiance, Brad.
It's fast, it's funny, and Amber is a great character. I picked up the sequel straight after this one. The cover doesn't do the book justice but that hardly matters when you're stuck in!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read", 23 Sept. 2011
Quirky and funny, another must read from Sibel Hodge. Like other books before this I only put it down once and did not want it to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Aug. 2012
when i bought this book it was free i just wish that that was the case now because this should be available to all! i absolutely loved this novel! you will laugh, cry, gasp and sit on the edge of your seat. sibel allows you to completely immerse yourself with her amazing story-telling!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug. 2011
teaandtoms (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This book is very cleverly written - A up to the minute, down to earth mystery comedy that contains an awful lot of humour. Amber narrates the story very well, providing a nice take on words.
The main plot involves a missing fashion designer but there are many subplots that skillfully intertwine that the book kept me guessing the whole way through.

I'm quite a fan of chick lit, this being the first I've read by Sibel Hodge and I can honestly say that I'm dying to read more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Slapstick humour...gutsy heroine, 26 Mar. 2012
Having read some fairly intense plots recently I fancied something in a lighter vain. Being a little wary of the chicklit genre I was a little hesitant but decided to give the Fashion Police a try. And, I'm very glad I did. This was a great read from start to finish.

A somewhat accident prone heroine brought some great moments of humour to what was a fairly typical murder mystery. Rather than using a lot of high-tech wizardry we are treated to a somewhat accident prone stumble from one scenario to another. Mix in some personal baggage on the man front and a recipe for unbridled chaos is the result.

The humour was believable (well maybe a tranvestitesque neighbourhood watch father was stretching things a little)and shows that self deprecation is still a great way to create sympathy with the reader.

With two mafia stooges adding to the mayhem the author took every opportunity to play up the slapstick element.

If you're looking for some great escapist writing to put a smile on your face then this is thoroughly recommended.

The Fashion Police: The fashion business just got deadly...: 1