4.0 out of 5 stars Pro Patria
"The Masada Complex" is the story of Masada, a young Jewish girl and her life in Israel. Set against the background of the Arab Israeli conflict and the complex political situation we can follow the personal struggle Masada has as she seeks an explanation and revenge for her brother's death.

At each turn people are trying to help, but are they? As Masada's...
Published on 18 April 2012 by FirstLord

3.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant idea for a plot
Published on 15 Nov 2011 by Delta

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro Patria, 18 April 2012

At each turn people are trying to help, but are they? As Masada's frustration grows the author skilfully shows the reader a little of the fascinating history of the Jewish people and some of the reasons why there is still conflict between Arabs and Jews.

Avraham Azrieli is a clever writer who is passionate about his country and by writing so vividly about his subject is helping the reader to understand some of the reasons for the continuing tension.

3.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant idea for a plot, 15 Nov 2011
The underlying plot was well conceived and the main characters well drawn. The conspiracy theme worked well for most of the book and I believed in the twists and turns as new characters were drawn in. However, I felt it lost some of its quality towards the end and I was not so convinced by the plot and new characters once the story moved to Israel. It was a pity, because I was gripped for 75% of the book and ended up being a little irritated towards the end. It is a longish book and I think the author lost it a bit as the end approached. However, I am still glad I read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars THE MASADA COMPLEX, 20 Oct 2011
A good yarn, a suitable holiday read. An interesting page turner. Maintains your concentration levels. I would most certainly recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Sep 2014
If Masada is a brilliant journalist why does it take 87% of the book before she realises who is trying to kill her? There were so many tenuous links and far fetched coincidences that I was irritated by chapter 2. Eventually, I skipped pages and still guessed the final twist! This is a dreadful book, don't waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Masada, 18 Jun 2011
Have never read this author before but I'm glad I bought this, a really enjoyable thriller. I liked the fact that we learnt along the way, rather than at the end of the story, the history and background of the characters that gave them their passion and beliefs of their country.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good read, 14 Mar 2014
I loved this book and thought it had the best opening chapter I have read in a long time -

4.0 out of 5 stars A Spy story, 31 Jan 2014
H. AUSTIN (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
A good read ,abit complex but I enjoyed it right through and would recommend it to any one especially It they have visited Israrel, as it gives the book more of a feel. I would read more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing story, 14 Jan 2014
A great story with great suspense ad intrigue which I thoroughly enjoyed. Could not put it down. A great read if you enjoy thrillers

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting plot but over long and poor 1 dimension characters, 3 Aug 2013
Very disappointed with this. The interesting plot is completely let down by poor writing.

I want to finish the book but the writing is awful!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 4 July 2013
Not nearly as good as the Jerusalem books......read them instead. The second book of the two is much better! OK!

The Masada Complex
The Masada Complex by Avraham Azrieli (Paperback - 30 Jan 2011)