5.0 out of 5 stars Possible heartbreaking reality
A young girl with a dream comes forward to walk us through her life and took me into her overdue dream that began with her exodus from her childhood home, and her determined father with a strength I'm not sure she knew she had.
Published 19 months ago by Joanne Mazzotta

3.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, must read
Published on 4 April 2012 by Booktigger

3.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, must read, 4 April 2012
A very compelling read of a woman's life and relationships, including a very messy divorce, you really got to know the people and feel for them, and it was so hard to put down in places as you 'needed' to know what was going to happen - you also find yourself shouting in frustration at times. I would have given this 4 stars, but the formatting means it is confusing to read in places, and you find yourself re-reading bits to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possible heartbreaking reality, 5 Sep 2012
She meets Randir who charms her out of her undeveloped good sense and she marries him only to find out, charm is all he had, and what he used to employ and control her and everyone else. In the eye of that disappointing storm is where her journey and her good sense began to take shape. Katherine Kline takes us with her to medical school and describes her reaction to the intense study while still uncertain which branch of medicine she will eventually choose as her life's career. I was able to walk along with her as she gave me a tour of her lab experiences, hospital and patient exchanges and the extraordinary workload she carried through her days.

As she was able to compromise her living conditions with Randir who has already proven to her better judgment that he was not good husband material, she pushed onward. She learned how well she could multitask after her two sons were born. Questioning her decision to go into aesthesia because exhaustion was constant, this story inspires all women with the idea that they cannot achieve success or set goals. She earned her title as Doctor and not without huge obstacles.

This story keeps you reading her curved and poignant tales of life and death in a hospital environment. Heartbreaking yet I knew these stories were true along with her compassion, especially for the children. Along with her well-documented experiences in her career, relationship with her sons, and finding her footing as a mother and a wife that kept me glued, Kline grabs my emotions and forces me to be a witness to one of the most horrendously excruciating divorces and custody battles I have ever heard of, read of, or seen in my life. A Physicians Plight deserves every star I gave it.

I finished this book with one good thought; I am ever so glad the phone rang that night.

ARRAY(0xa73b3c30)

A Physician's Plight: A Memoir:  Professional success ... Personal disaster.
8.05