5.0 out of 5 stars balm for the soul
All of the Yarn Harlot's books serve a vital role: they make you laugh at the same time that they help you realise you are not alone. This book continues to fulfil this purpise. It's lovely to have it confirmed that loving knitting is necessary and normal. Long may she continue.
Published 5 months ago by teribus

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing
Published 4 months ago by Marion

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 23 April 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Thing about the Way It Goes: Stories of Tidiness, Self-Esteem and Other Things I Gave Up on (Paperback)
I have read all Stephanie's 'knitting' books and found them very entertaining, very funny and her astute observations hysterical! However I was disappointed with this 'non knitting' book ... inasmuchas it felt a little padded out. I felt that without the knitting theme as a starting or reference point, the text lost it's impetus and seemed more contrived and than Stephanie's previous works and slightly irritating. I did still enjoy it, but not nearly as much as previous books.

3.0 out of 5 stars More knitting please!, 15 Jun 2014
Jennifer May (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I usually love Pearl-McPhee's book but for some reason this just didn't hit home like they usually do. There were some gems, but I found a few a bit pointless and I actually fell asleep during one that was ridiculously long. I found the paragraphs a bit too long too, they made reading it feel like work, when it's usually such a joy. An okay book, but not my favourite from her.

5.0 out of 5 stars balm for the soul, 27 Mar 2014