5.0 out of 5 stars Crying with laughter - Are you ok over there dear?
This book popped up as an item that other people purchased when I bought "A street cat named Bob"

At first I didn't think anything of it but after reading the afore mentioned book I thought I'd look into it. I used Amazon's "look Inside" feature and after turning 2 pages I realised that I wanted it.

The cover is has a really nice finish and the pages...
Published 21 months ago by BobbyBrownPants

3.0 out of 5 stars Great! But wish Matt had waited for a *bit* more material.
Published 22 months ago by Daniel O'Connor

3.0 out of 5 stars Great! But wish Matt had waited for a *bit* more material., 9 Oct 2012
Daniel O'Connor (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You (Paperback)
Flip through "5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (& Other Useful Guides)" and this book and you'll notice something: the pictures in "How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You" are about a billion times bigger. It's because there's only been a year or so in between the two books and The Oatmeal (a.k.a. Matt Inman) had less new material for this one. It's therefore a lot less crammed.

This could be a good thing for those readers who don't like squinting at their favourite online comics printed in book form.

For me, it felt slightly deflating. The quality's just as high as it ever was, but is it greedy of me to ask for a tiny bit more - no other way to say this - *quantity*? The Cat-Vs-Internet series takes up 20% of the whole book.

I'm probably complaining too much. The Oatmeal is one of the very best things on the Internet and Matt Inman himself, with his work sticking it to shifty California lawyers and making a Tesla museum possible, seems like a person it'd be easy to hero worship. But I hope he's able to take his time a bit more with the next Oatmeal book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny.. But not funny enough, 2 Nov 2012
This book is alright, it has its (few) funny moments in the typical style of The Oatmeal, but not enough for the book to be memorable afterwards. Whereas The Oatmeal's first book "5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth" is full of twisted yet funny angles that makes you want to read it over and over again, "How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You" does not live up to its predecessor and is easily forgotten because of the lack of variety. The theme of the book is obviously "cats" but I do not feel that The Oatmeal has used the potential of the theme fully. All in all, it is a nice book, that fans of The Oatmeal shouldn't miss. However, if you don't know who The Oatmeal is, or what his humour is like, then you probably shouldn't buy the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crying with laughter - Are you ok over there dear?, 22 Oct 2012

The cover is has a really nice finish and the pages are quite thick. The entire book is very well illustrated and is very funny. All of the diagrams and explanations in the book are so true and any cat owner will immaterially relate to what the author is saying.

I read it at work while I was having my lunch and laughed so hard that I caused a bit of a disturbance in the office. By the end of the book, trying to keep my laughter inside I had tears streaming down my face.

I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book!, 30 Oct 2013
I love Matthew Inmans webcomic The Oatmeal, so I found it obvious to support him by buying one of his books. It's a really funny book and I also got a poster with it.

Fast shipping and good price!

Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious book for cat lovers!, 9 Oct 2013
This is a book for genuine cat lovers - those people who know all the strange and sometimes not very nice ways of the cat! It's hilarious!

5.0 out of 5 stars cat, 6 Oct 2013
This is one of the funniest things I have ever read. If you are a cat owner this book will have you in stitches.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say!!, 27 Aug 2013
I have 'Oatmeal' on my Facebook page and I think this guy is 'totally whack'. I love it and I love this book. This is not for the faint hearted or ladies who like to knit! It's raw and funny and .. well it takes a 'certain' kinda humour. Not for everyone but I really love this book and so does my 14 y/o son :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely high quality, 16 Oct 2012
The artwork, printing and material is of excellent quality. If you're into awkward jokes about murderous cats, do not let this opportunity pass you by!

5.0 out of 5 stars For cat lovers everywhere, 24 July 2014
Emma.V (Guildford, Surrey) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 23 year old sisters birthday because she has a cat and it is hilarious, well worth the buy! ( It's also cheaper than Waterstones, but don't tell anyone I said that! ) Really funny things that makes you think of your cat in a completely different aspect, purrrrrrrrrrfect for a cat lover!

( I apologise for the awful joke, but i hope this review has helped you :) )

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats. Meh., 30 July 2014
I hate cats and want them all to die. They are evil... But my friend, who is obsessed with cats and considers them a valid part of existence loved this book.

The pages I looked at had extremely humorous content and I would have 'laughed out loud' if the inclusion of pictures of cats hadn't enraged me completely.

Recommended.

How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You
How to Tell If Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman (Paperback - 11 Oct 2012)
6.99