TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 August 2012
I'm not particularly into sci-fi / fantasy / maths but nonetheless found some of these projects quite cute and inspiring, notably the brown hat with coiled up braids ( a la Princess Leia); a lacy shrug inspired by a Lord of the Rings elf and a scarf based around the Mobius strip (knitted in the round and twisted) .
But although I accept I'm not personally familiar with some of the shows and comics mentioned, I did feel a lot of items were just bog-standard socks, sweaters etc which were only allegedly representations of sci-fi stuff. The Star Trek jumpers certainly wouldn't have put me in mind of the show unless I'd been told! Nor would the woolly balls have made me exclaim 'Tribbles!' (Trekkies know what Tribbles are!)
on 19 May 2012
I brought this for my daughter as she was looking for a knitting pattern for star wars figures. Has a lot of different things Princess Lias hair, a slipover from Big Bang theory
She loves it and is planning various projects
on 4 September 2014
I misread the descriptions - I thought the descriptions of the Jayne Cobb scarf and socks to go with your Jayne Cobb hat meant that there was a Jayne Cobb hat pattern. Nonetheless, I have earmarked more than several projects to be finished in time for Xmas. Even although the pattern I bought it for isn't in it (my bad) - it's very well worthwhile keeping. Even if you are a beginner - these patterns are mostly really simple. They shouldn't take a knitter long to finish unless you are doing the larger patterns - eg Star Trek Dress.)
on 14 November 2013
Great item, great seller, fast delivery!
I've only taken up crafts recently but this idea is full of very cute ideas that I'm looking forward to trying. However, some of the peices in this book are a little generic and have been catered to a sci-fi project. I don't particularly mind becuase I'm a newbie but others may wish for more specific ideas. That said there is probably enough in here to keep you knitting away in nerdy contentment :D
on 4 January 2013
Quite frankly I bought this book as I wanted a Princess Leia hat, but there are some other nice ideas. It has also inspired me to have a go at designing some stuff myself. Cuddly tardis and darleks are my next project.
on 6 September 2013
There are so many weird and wonderful things in this book, if you like the unusual, this is the one for you. The clothes definitely make a statement, a great book if you like to be diferent.
on 11 November 2013
Great patterns, great results and all pretty straightforward. After all, who doesn't need a Leia hat?! Very cool pattern book.
on 12 February 2013
Bought from a wishlist - item arrived as described. Now I'm just padding because I haven't typed enough words into this review....
on 10 May 2012
i love this book... i have already marked 6 different projects in it for the future... how fun to have such wonderfully nerdy things to make! i'm so excited!!!