5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, Third Party books
I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software to progress with my digital photography in the premium camera range; I had no prior experience with this software but had used Corel Ulead PhotoImpact over a long period - so had some familiarity with the processes.
Published on 25 Feb. 2011 by David B

3.0 out of 5 stars Great handbook but not for beginners
Just retired. Treated myself to a new camera, new high spec PC and Photoshop Elements 9.
I started to archive & catalogue & edit all my own and also photographs of a local club that I belong to.
As a beginner in photo editing I was confused. Even after buying this book I was still confused.
It is what it says - a handbook. As a "how to" or "beginners guide"...
Published on 17 Dec. 2010 by Mr. J. M. Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, Third Party books, 25 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Barbara Brundage has provided a book that answers all of the questions with insight and clear explanations that are extensive without being over-the-top. It explains 'theory' as well as the available controls with personal insight that is obviously from a competent user, not just a book author. An excellent book that I would highly recommend to novices and experienced practitioners. I only wish I had bought this book before others on the same subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for Photoshop Elements 9, 6 April 2011
K. Crone (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I hadn't had an Adobe Photoshop Programme before I bought "elements 9" so was a complete novice. This book has been a lifeline in understanding how to do useful stuff, with handy tips to avoid horrible mistakes too. I've been reading it from front to back, but also dipping in where I wanted to do other stuff, and it works both ways, so all in all a great book from the point of view of someone who's new to Adobe Photoshop programmes.

5.0 out of 5 stars the missing manual, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Once again Barbara comes up trumps with an easy to read yet informative book that really should be packaged with the software. The format makes it easy to find specific items when you want to just dip in and her easy reading style makes this comprehensive "manual" a great introduction for those people who may be new to the subject. All in all highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 9, the missing manual, 31 Jan. 2011
Dk Price (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This is indeed the missing manual. It is comprehensive and detailed while remaining simple to understand. I would strongly recommend this manual to anyone new to Photoshop Elements 9, or as in my case migrating from other similar software like Paint shop Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book., 20 Feb. 2011
Nicholas I. Barnes (Cornwall,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This book continues the excellent series of "Missing Manuals "It has a wealth of information presented in a very concise and understandable way. If you have Photoshop 9 this is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 12 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Graphics software is one of the most complicated a non-professional comes into contact with. The Elements 9 missing manual makes understanding much easier. Well indexed it makes this reference work simple to use. 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't' buy elements without it!, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Excellent manual, well written and great instructions. Keep it by your computer and dip into it when you want to try something new. As someone who is completely new to Elements, this book is a godsend and at an excellent price too!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY BOOK. YOU NEED, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Barbara has done it again. This book is "what it says on the tin" - all you need to know about Elements 9. And with fewer of the silly jokes which the publishers of this series like to inflict on their readers as the price of getting the information.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail of Manuals, 12 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
You've bought your software and now you need to know how to get the most out of it...but where do you go?
Well I'm glad I bought Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual. For me, there's no point in buying 2 or 3 books, that almost do the job, when one book will answer all your questions. I am now waiting to buy Premiere Elements 9, so that I can use the two books together with my new dual-software, and new hobby...video production.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what is needed!, 1 Mar. 2011
Mary Thompson "Mary Thompson" (Cumbria U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This is truly the manual that should have been in the box and the author has done a mammoth job putting everything together. It is readable and practical and well laid out. However, for oldies like myself the print is rather small and 'grey' so I had to buy extra strong glasses to read it comfortably and to see the illustrations! For beginners there is rather a lot of information and picking out the steps quickly is not so easy. I used a 'simple manual' first and then used this book to find out with more thorough understanding. I also learned many extra things that are useful about digital photography. The binding of the book (which is heavy) is weak and has already come unstuck in places - not good in a practical manual. Also the book will not stay open - very annoying. Publisher, please put in spiral binder format - I would pay more for the ease of use.

Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual
Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage (Paperback - 9 Oct. 2010)