5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent guide for the non-expert
I'm not a programmer or IT person - but have got some experience with databases. I foolishly thought that I'd be able to work out Access 2010 just by playing with it, but kept hitting all those infuriating built-in idiocies that it has (like having to delete relationships before you can create a look-up that requires the relationship you have to delete!) Finally decided...
Published on 22 Mar 2011 by J. Scrivener

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the experienced. Barely passable for the novice.
I bought this manual to learn more about 'Navigation Forms', as other Access manuals I have, don't cover these at all. I also thought that it being a 'missing manual' I would pick up a lot of useful tips in all aspects of Access.
I've been writing commercial Access applications for 16 years now and I consider this book to be aimed at the novice. Even the section on...
Published 19 days ago by MR DAVID SIMPSON

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good book, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
An excellent book, easy to read and follow as well as comprehensive in its coverage. As a complete access novice, I went from zero to a fully functional database in just under 3 weeks. I would recommend it to anyone starting out with Access2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Practical Manual, 1 Dec 2012
A. J. Mcmenemy "andy_mcmenemy" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
A well laid out, well written manual that can be used for reference or can lead you through the features of Access bit by bit. Whilst I was already familiar with many of the concepts, it was nice to go back and read the book as if I was a beginner. In so doing a number of tricks and features were revealed that I had not previously found.

Having the Kindle version of the book has proved useful - it means I always have it to hand without lugging the paper version around from home to work, from work to the client, and so forth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought the paper version!, 8 Nov 2012
I learnt everything I needed to from this book. Eventually!

I bought the kindle version, but wish I'd bought the book. A lot easier to use when your flipping backwards and forwards for the detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to know Access, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I ordered this product very litle experience of Access. It arrived within 2 days, which is remarkably quick. The language is easy to understand, and I feel that I am picking up on the topics covered. I would recommend this book to those wishing to learn Access.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear. Concise, Comprehensive, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
The book structure follows Micrsoft's online guidance. It covers everything from what a database is (why the exist) through to how to set up complex queries and reports. An all-in-one guide. It also touched on SharePoint integration and interaction with other services. An IT pro looking for SQL integration may want a more advanced book. This is a great book for people who have never even heard of database or Access before, through to people wishing to set up a mid-sized buisiness database with forms for end-users to input data and queries to run report on. It's clear, well-written, easy-to-read, logically structured and far better companian to Access than a Dummies guide to, SAMS guides, or Microsoft's own offerings online. Worth every penny. Beast of a book though at 820 or so Pages (lots of diagrams/screenshots).

5.0 out of 5 stars Access 2010 the missing manual review, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
This is the best book ever written for Access database - and not only written for Access 2010, but it also works with other recent versions of access.

It teaches you from basic to expert programmer's level. Even running your database through the web is covered. The best book - I have tried virtually all books on Access database but this is the one to get. Everything is written in a very simple language too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Book for Access 2010, 2 Aug 2013
A. D. Green "ADG" (Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After migrating from Access 2003 to 2010 I had become somewhat lost until I stumbled across this book. It goes much further than the online tutorials, providing answers in a clear way. However, the book does become a bit muddy when trying to insert code for some specific tasks which is why it only gets 4 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good manual, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Found it immediately readable and introduces topics in a well thought out manner with examples that are easy to follow.
The book can seem a bit daunting and I did find myself having to look elsewhere for some more specific advice about access but This book is a great introduction book for anyone wanting to get comfortable with access or as a reference for someone already fairly comfortable with the software. I now hope to buy other books from the 'missing manual' series for other software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
Thought I needed to drag myself kicking and screaming up to speed with 2010. This looks like to book to do it with. Written with a bit of tongue in cheek humour - it seems to fit the bill reaqlly well. Has been very helpful so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Easy to Follow, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Access 2010: The Missing Manual (Paperback)
I bought this after doing the ECDL with a view to learning more about Access generally. So far it has enabled me to develop my understanding of the basics but is structured in a way that enables me to 'dip in' to the sections that I need to access for the database I'm designing. Very good.

Access 2010: The Missing Manual
Access 2010: The Missing Manual by Matthew MacDonald (Paperback - 2 July 2010)