5.0 out of 5 stars NOW I GET IT...
I have to say I've read about 40 different books on many programming languages and technologies over the years, and this is the first book I've actually raved about to others. Visually the book appears to be very messy at first, but your brain absorbs the info in bite size chunks and the hand written style notes chat away about questions that naturally occur to you as you...
Published on 24 Nov. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good even for beginners.
I've been coding in Java (amongst other languages) for the last 10 years and have extensive knowledge of coding and OO but even so I bought this book because I have a lot of respect for the Head Fist series and have enjoyed lots of their other titles in the past - I accepted the fact I would be skipping over sections that explain OOP and some of the basics. However, this...
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by MR M

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and fun book to read that will make you love coding in c#, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
I'm only in the first pages of this book and I already love it.This book can make you from scratch programmer to a good one since it's so easy and fun to read it.The concept is really well placed and it goes you step by step to learn and understand c#.When I was in college everything was so "chinese" to me and I abandoned the programming languages .Now with this book I' m starting to understand how simple and fun coding can be.Really congratulations to Andrew Stellman and all his team for this great book.This book is so perfect Andrew I think you should write a novel also !:!:!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Andrew teaches every complex concept with real world examples and provides exercises for your brain so as to teach you everything in a simple way. If you are searching for a book to learn c sharp this is the one I would recommend. Graphics in the book are excellent and made me to read this book without any feeling of boring or difficulty. I would recommend you to practise every exercise in the book so as to master C sharp language. I am expecting more books from head first series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
This book has taught me so much on top of my university course. It's really fun to read and education at the same time. It goes into real depth and ensures that it drills it into your head. I'm only on the first project at the moment A Day At The Races. It helps you where it can but it really does try and push you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great intro to C#, 7 April 2014
O. Hancox - See all my reviews
A very good introduction to the language. I don't really buy into the head first style being 'unique' in any way, but the presentational style is still clear and concise. I prefer Visual C# Programming 2012 by Wrox (Read my review on that too.). That is far chunkier and much more in depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 23 Jun. 2013
Very good book and good practical exercises. Written well, you can learn fast using this book. I would recommend highly to new comers to C#.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy straight forward book, 19 May 2013
Very easy straight forward book , ok I'm not new to programming which helps, but those attempting to go into C# this is the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Mar. 2013
This is a great book to learn C# programming from. I have not yet finished it but really like it. I do most of the exercises included and play around with the code a bit. Currently I'm implementing the Beehive Simulator. Great fun for those who like working with code and logic. I'd definitely recommend the book to those who are not advanced programmers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective!, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
Awesome book. I recommend the whole Head First collection for those who are initiating in programming. It keeps the learning simple and attractive so you don't get bored. It doesn't cover the whole aspects of C#, but for a initiation book, it's really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good guide for beginners/students, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
From the beginning of the book, you learn how to program C# in an object oriented way. It provides lots of description on the theory, code and provides examples for you to work on. Very good, a lot better than any other programming book I have read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Head First C# (Head First Guides) (Paperback)
Bought it for my son who wants to learn C# for an A Level "Plus" project. He tried a few others but wasn't able to keep his attention. This book has an easy style and he is half way through and seems to have a good grasp of the basic now.

Head First C# (Head First Guides)
Head First C# (Head First Guides) by Jennifer Greene (Paperback - 31 May 2010)
Used & New from: £22.96